Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Should guest strip the linen or not?

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:37 am
When ever I stay at someones house (s/t they are home othertimes not) I always try to take of the linen (espec. when they are giving us the masterbed room) A friend commented that people don't appreciate that b/c they might be embarresed of the stained quilts. ect...
I was thinking that I was being helpful.
what do u think?

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:40 am
I feel that is the proper thing to do .

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:41 am
That is what I try to do... and I try to fold it nice and neatly

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:42 am
I strip the bed when I am a guest. I don';t get insulted if my guest doens't but I reall appreciate it when they do.

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:56 am
thats what I thought esp. if they are coming home late at night (when they leave me an empty aprt.) with cranky kids and they still ahve to change linen.. I thought it was only nice.but then s/o pointed out that my host might not appreciate it so I wanted to make sure

Mommy912

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:32 am
If they are sleeping in a room that needs to be used right away afterwards for my family than it would be nice but not necessary. If it is in a guestroom than I do not want them to. I am not alway ready RIGHT NOW to do the laundry, and I would rather the room look nice and neat with their linen on the bed and the beds made than look at a room with a big pile of laundry on the floor.
I mean, how long does it take to strip the beds anyways? It takes me like 5 minutes to do 3 beds - and that is including getting the blankets out of the covers. I would much rather they leave the room looking pretty than leave me a pile to feel guilty about. They can use that 5 minutes to write me a thank you note or just watch my kids Smile

realeez

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 12:48 pm
Mommy912 - I agree. I think the best thing to do is ask!

JMto2

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 12:51 pm
I find it very useful when guests strip the linen but if they do not it is fine by me. When I go to people I always strip the linen I think it is a polite thing to do and makes it much easier for the hostess this way she can put it straight into the wash.

queen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:59 pm
When I'm a guest - always strip linen..... and when company staying with us does it, I'm appreciative and think- hey, they are well brought up! Smile

This way as soon as company is out the door I can already bring sheets down to laundry and throw in machine 1-2-3.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:19 pm
when I'm a guest I always strip the beds and neatly fold the bedding so the room remains neat. when I visit my best friend or my mil, I throw the linens in the washer, and even the dryer if there's time b4 we leave.

anon b/c how many people do that?

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:21 pm
Quote:
always try to take of the linen (espec. when they are giving us the masterbed room) A friend commented that people don't appreciate that b/c they might be embarresed of the stained quilts. ect...

yES But I will fold it neatly and leave it on the bed that way

raizy

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 11:30 pm
I always stip the sheets. I taught the was the proper way to do it. I didnt even know that there is anther way. (not doiing it)my hubby even folds the covers and pillows. in a neat pile.

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 12:24 pm
Seems sensible to ask the hostess what she wants.

If you're trying to be nice, makes sense to find out whether it will be appreciated.

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 12:29 pm
Motek wrote:
Seems sensible to ask the hostess what she wants.

If you're trying to be nice, makes sense to find out whether it will be appreciated.

sounds right, that's what I always do.

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 1:53 pm
motek I agree I usually just clean a room up make the beds and offer to take the linens off.

I've had many guess sleep over a not once did a/o offer or take off the linen.

shoy18

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 2:08 pm
I agree with the others, dont just take the linen off without asking first. I know that I dont like when people do that Id rather them just make the beds, and the cleaning lady will come strip it, so Im not left with a stripped bed until she comes

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 2:27 pm
in my case the story was that s/o left me there apartment for shabbos she gave me her master room and she came home motzai shabbos with 2 little kids I felt like its hard enough to put on new linen late at night the least I can do is take the used ones off for her. (she's a total stranger a neighbor of the person I was staying at)

humorousmommy

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 5:30 pm
well....I always ask b4. if its a close friend I just strip the beds ! if its anybody else I ask them before I make the beds what they want me to do. some say...the cleaning lady will take care of it! I also make a point to help with washing dishes after shabbos,clearing thetable,helping serve the food....they always say no....but in the end they appreciate it....thats why im always invited back! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics