Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Bday gift for DH
1  2  Next

busymom2000

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:00 pm
anyone, any ideas?
he does not have a car & doesn't work as of yet (still in kollel)

mammele26

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:10 pm
I too, am desperately trying to come up with a really good bday gift for my dh. He's working, and has a car.

Op, I hope you don't feel I hijacked your thread- I don't think so.

saralea

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:19 pm
I love giving photo gifts, a digital album or keychain, a mouse pad or mug with the kids with or without him or if no kids, then the 2 of you. Other ideas are a nice bathrobe or cufflinks. HTH!

Sherri

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:24 pm
What are your budgets, in dollars?

koolmother

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 5:48 pm
a nice wallet

busymom2000

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 6:06 pm
mammele26 wrote:
I too, am desperately trying to come up with a really good bday gift for my dh. He's working, and has a car.

actually you did, just kidding LOL LOL LOL

louche

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 7:22 pm
oh, boy, I need to get some sleep. I read this as BABY gift for dh and was thinking "that's sweet, but, hon, YOU did all the work for 9 months and X hours, dh buys YOU the gift."

sky

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:03 pm
shtender
valet
shtender light
corkscrew
bottle opener
shnaps glasses
camera
tie
beer making kit (just find out how your "kashrus" rav feels about hops without a hechsher)
good bottle wine
drill

For car:
car hanger
car starter
GPS
cooler

mammele26

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:31 pm
busymom2000 wrote:
mammele26 wrote:

actually you did, just kidding LOL LOL LOL

LOL

(Thanks for the chuckle!)

And for opening the thread...

mammele26

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:34 pm
sky wrote:
beer making kit (just find out how your "kashrus" rav feels about hops without a hechsher)

How can I find out about the beer making kit? And also, if I want to ask my rav about the hops w/o a hechsher, what is the question? Meaning, what do I ask him? What kind of hops do I need, and where would I get it?

TIA!

maofboys

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 9:12 pm
louche wrote:
oh, boy, I need to get some sleep. I read this as BABY gift for dh and was thinking "that's sweet, but, hon, YOU did all the work for 9 months and X hours, dh buys YOU the gift."

thats so funny so did I. I was thinking I never heard of this before but sweet idea. LOL LOL

sky

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 10:11 pm
mammele26 wrote:
sky wrote:

How can I find out about the beer making kit? And also, if I want to ask my rav about the hops w/o a hechsher, what is the question? Meaning, what do I ask him? What kind of hops do I need, and where would I get it?

TIA!

I had bought a Mr Beer Home Brewery for DH like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beer-.....=8-1.

We spoke to rav from a large kashrus organization about it and he said that it is possible that hops could be a problem to make your own beer from. We returned it.
Recently we spoke to someone else in kashrus who we trust as well, and he said that it is true that the rav (who he knows) has a problem with hops, and he knew what it is, but he said he would have used it, and that "if only our meat was as kosher as the hops." Based on that I think dh would have used it had we not returned it. So if you are looking into buying such a thing maybe check first so you don't have to pay shipping for nothing if you decide to return it.

I think it was the best gift I bought dh, even if we couldn't use it.

If your dh is into beer I bought dh a beer bottle opener that mounts on the wall (from Amazon). its cheap, he loves it, and its usefull.

SivanMom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 10:25 pm
My DH likes useful gifts, but he tends to buy whatever he really wants so he's difficult. Some of the gifts I've gotten him that he has appreciated: mini fridge for bedroom, table saw (yeah, I know, but he likes these kinds of things), subscription to a news magazine, a new shaver.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 10:35 pm
DH's birthday is next week. I made a photo book of our life together and im gonna give it to him. He is gonna love it im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:29 pm
A personalized pocket whiskey flask.
A good toolbox
a vodka
cufflinks
watch
cross pen
Leatherman
bed slippers and robe
gps ( if he has a car)
iPod
nice leather gloves
casmere scarf

losingweight

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 12:18 am
nice siddur for tallis bag
silver challah knife
Leather zmiros
nice challah cover

maofboys

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 1:15 pm
we don't really do gifts (is that weird?) we do cards and dinner Smile but the only thing I can surprise him with that he will actually appreciate is a new sefer.

busymom2000

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:20 pm
maofboys wrote:
we don't really do gifts (is that weird?) we do cards and dinner Smile but the only thing I can surprise him with that he will actually appreciate is a new sefer.

how would you know what sefer to buy?

eschaya

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:34 pm
This doesn't work for everyone, but since I'm the craftsy type, I like to make things for dh. This way I invest a lot of time and love but not too much money. I've make a coat rack (bought precut wood, painted it, put in metal hooks, decorated it) because I always tease him about leaving his jackets lying around, painted a piece for our dining room, made a menora from glass, made a scrapbook. You can check out Michaels or AC Moore or your local art store for ideas. Cost is minimal, but it shows love and effort in a way that storebought items can't.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:49 pm
busymom2000 wrote:
maofboys wrote:

how would you know what sefer to buy?

go into a sefarim store with a knowledgable sefarim staff. And ask them what new sefarim have come out lately, what is new. Do you know a topic your dh enjoys, is learning, or something that pertains to the time of year? mention that to the guy. Normally they know what is new and interesting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics