Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Helicopter

ny21

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 6:06 pm
a terrible helicopter accident in
las Vegas Nevada .
I remember only one women survived the tragedy
Does anyone know what happened to her recently?

Last edited by ny21 on Mon, Sep 02 2013, 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

cindy324

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 8:00 pm
yeah, I remember that. It was horrible. I don't know what;s happened to her, I believe she lost one or both of her legs, but not sure where she might be now. I knew the couple through mutual friends, it was a real shock.

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 8:48 pm
I remember there was a story about a man who died in a helicopter crash while on vacation. The man worked in the World Trade Center. The end of his Shloshim happened to be 9/11. Many of his coworkers were at a siyyum or something that morning, so were not in the towers that day. Many lives were spared. Is this the same incident? I remember that a woman survived that crash. So sad. Sad

mali

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 8:50 pm
Chanie is unconscious, had both her legs amputated, and is in an overall terrible state. She needs a lot of Rachmie Shomayim.

Her parents turned part of their home into a hospital for her, and they take care of her round-the-clock, with some outside help.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 9:27 pm
Chani had been doingn very well once she came home from Nevada. Then she went into septic shock about 10 months later and has not been responsive since. it's very sad.

mali

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 9:29 pm
Sad indeed. The poor children. Crying

queen

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 10:14 pm
What's with the husband?
Mindy- until the shock 10 months later, was she conscious?
The couples who took the helicopter ride were all friends- who went to the same bungalow colony each year- The Regency Estates.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 11:00 pm
She was pretty much conscious for a while, they were very optimistic and planning to do surgery and therapy etc etc then she had a simple back surgery to remove a pin and went into septic shock!!! it's so sad.

ny21

Post Fri, Aug 04 2006, 10:07 am
edit

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, May 17 2012, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 04 2006, 11:17 am
Wow! Last I heard she was paralyzed, but awake. I never knew that she was unconscious now. She did our makeup & hair for my wedding & she was really nice!

Chanie

Post Fri, Aug 04 2006, 1:59 pm
I worked up until a short time before the crash, with a sister of one of the boys.

mali

Post Sat, Aug 05 2006, 10:12 pm
I think her full name is:
חנה שרה בת אסתר
The name 'Sara' was added after the accident.

mali

Post Sat, Aug 05 2006, 10:19 pm
momoftwins wrote:

I real think that I remember their were two helicopters
the couples wanted to split up -in case their was an accident
the women wanted to go in one
and the men in the other helicopter.

There were two couples and two (or three?) men on that helicopter. Everyone was killed on the spot, and Chanie miraculously survived. She had a very strong intuition that something terrible was going to happen, but everyone urged her to just leave her feelings alone and enjoy herself. I didn't hear about them splitting up that way in case something happens. I think it's just the way it worked out. (There was only one man there whose wife wasn't with him on the same helicopter - I think she didn't go on at all. The other one had no wife.)

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 12:17 am
For years I was saying her name by licht-benching and asking Hashem for a refuah shleymah for Chana Sarah bas Esther. Then, a little while ago somebody told me that Chanie's mother asked that people should stop davening for her for a refuah and just to ask Hashem that He should take her out of her misery. So now, I just daven for her that she should have a yeshuoh. Crying Crying Crying

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 12:55 am
There were the following people: One helicopter had the wajsbaum couple, Chani daskal and her husband, someone Fastag who was married about one year, and someone named LIchtenstien whose wife was on the other helicopter. (I used to do business with her). The first helicopter crashed, Chani went flying out of the copter and a burning piece of the fuselage fell on her leg. she had burns on 80% of her body an people couldntn believe she made it. I saw a pic of her after she came home. She looked AWEFUL. her outer ears were burned off, her hair couldnt be covered because her skin was so sensitive, her elbows were calcified and would need to be re-broken and reset. They had major plans for her recovery, she was so pleased to see her boys. and then BAM, septic shock, and now she's in a semi coma. It's awful.

happy2beme

Post Mon, Aug 07 2006, 11:21 am
what an awful story!!! my heart goes out to these families Sad
I will try to daven for them, but it's so hard- nebech, there are so many ppl to daven for... Hashem should give them all a yeshuah!!

amother

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 11:38 pm
Does anybody know how Chanie is doing? Is she still alive? Just happened to think about it now.

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:53 am
this tragedy saved lives on Sept 11 th.

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 8:59 am
I remember this tragedy as of today. it's so sad. these children who lost their parents, parents who lost their children, friends who lost their friends. chani should have a refuoh sheleime bekorov!!

May this coming year be a year with only simchas. We shouldn't hear and have such tsoros anymore.

Last edited by shlumzmum on Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics