Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Need advice - looking to start a business:

amother

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 11:33 pm
I'm thinking about opening a business - picture something creative like someone who makes headbands, but not that. (I have an idea, I just don't want to share it yet Smile ). Anyway, I figure I would sell them online and at boutiques at Chanukah time, etc.

How do I start?

I can do it on a very small scale, quite easily and with very little monetary output. However, to do it really well, I would have to put quite a bit of money into it. I have the money to do that, B"H, but is it worth it?

How do you create the business? (I have a name) Make a website, get a website, etc.?

Any advice is REALLY appreciated. TIA

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 1:59 am
If it were me, I would start small and see how it goes. There is software that makes it really easy to put up a website. I'm sure someone can recommend something. Look into your city's business laws too (license, taxes, etc.). Also, many small business centers offer classes to people interested in starting up a business. They're usually very inexpensive. Hatzlacha!

curlgirl

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 2:13 am
Why not start by trying to sell to your local community?
Are there local clothing sales where you can ask to set up a stand? etc.

Good luck!

eshes chayil

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 5:11 am
I'm always impressed by the businesses I see using facebook. there you have access to tons of people and advertising costs you nothing. you start with your friends and from there branch out to friends friends etc. I know at least 3 women who sell things from home through facebook.
I wish you lots of hatslacha!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 7:51 pm
OP here -

Thanks all for your responses. I ended up going to the library and reaing up on starting a small business and I'm trying to connect with people, for example, dh knows someone who makes websites....so we'll see how this goes. I think I'm gonna give it a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers