Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lucille Roberts on Kings Highway in Brooklyn

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:32 pm
Hi, anyone go to Lucille Roberts on Kings Highway in brooklyn? Is it clean and nice?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:38 pm
Depends on how you define NICE. If NICE means overcrowded with mean push Jewish women, then it's uber nice.

Personally, I'd use an other Lucille; I prefer Pitkin Avenue !!!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, anyone go to Lucille Roberts on Kings Highway in brooklyn? Is it clean and nice?

I used to go there when I lived in Brooklyn. I will tell you this about that location (and Lucille Roberts in general), they are one of the cheapest gyms around and they offer you pretty much the standard things that gym's offer (weights, equipment, classes etc...) but they are by no means a luxury gym and you get what you pay for. They have the basics, nothing more nothing less. As far as clean, they are definitley not dirty but any gym has its share of germs floating around. If ur looking for a fancy state of the art gym, dont go there. If you just want basic classes and workout equipment, its fine and its cheap.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:42 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Depends on how you define NICE. If NICE means overcrowded with mean push Jewish women, then it's uber nice.

Personally, I'd use an other Lucille; I prefer Pitkin Avenue !!!

yes definitley true about the overcrowded part (and plenty of rude people, jewish and not jewish), don't go on Sunday mornings if u don't want to be trampled alive in that gym!

aishetchabibi

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 9:26 pm
The lucille on Kings Highway is nasty and dirty and overcrowded. I paid thru the nose to sign up and I ended up going back "home" to NYSC. The babysitting service is awful. I have nothing good to say about that gym. EWW

amother

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 9:48 pm
anyone a current member? Is it crowded at eight thirty am? Also, are they helpful with the machines or do you have to figure it out yourself?

nycdoula

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 10:21 pm
im a current member
it is extremely crowded -the 830 is very crowded but I think you can still get a machine at the hour
unless you go at real off hourse say after 11am, or 2pm the gym is extremely crowded and it is very frustrating to work out
on the flip side the classes are great with great instructors

When you sign up , they usually have a woman who takes you around showing you the lockerrooms and machines, you can ask at the front desk

chestnut

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 10:35 pm
is the sunday 10:45am zumba class back yet?

nycdoula

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 10:37 pm
Not sure what you mean by back yet

As far as I know the zumba class has been going on
best to call in the am and find out before you leave home
and forget about parking there sunday mornings, its a disaster

amother

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 10:46 pm
doesn't sound promising. Are there any similar options in the neighborhood? Machines, not classes.

chestnut

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 11:36 pm
miriamdoula wrote:
Not sure what you mean by back yet

As far as I know the zumba class has been going on
best to call in the am and find out before you leave home
and forget about parking there sunday mornings, its a disaster

that class is not on in the summer. yeah, will call in the morning (usually they site lists it but not now, although it might mean nothing)

I take a bus Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise