Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Breakfast for picky eaters
Previous  1  2

bnm

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 9:36 am
she skips breakfast, just drinks a formula bottle. usually by the time she wakes up from her nap its lunch time.

de_goldy

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:49 am
life'sgreat wrote:
Picky eater's breakfast choices:

1 toasted, buttered bread
1 toasted cream cheese bread
2 eggs sunny side up (he only eats the runny yolks)

Every. Single. Morning.

If he only likes the runny yolks, maybe you could try giving him soft boiled egg in an egg cup with toast "fingers" to dip?

Basimcha

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:12 am
What also works nice for my kids is I add small pieces of whole wheat bread into the scrambled egg ---the kids really like it.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:24 pm
de_goldy wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

Every. Single. Morning.

If he only likes the runny yolks, maybe you could try giving him soft boiled egg in an egg cup with toast "fingers" to dip?

Do you mind telling me how to do this? I've tried doing this by breaking apart pieces of bread, and mixing it with the egg yolks, but he doesn't like that either.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:16 pm
BennysMommy wrote:

Check out www.weelicious.com for some great healthy ideas. I love her site!

Thanks for this link. Looks like a great site! I had fun looking through a bunch of her recipes.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 1:36 am
greeneyes wrote:
BennysMommy wrote:

Thanks for this link. Looks like a great site! I had fun looking through a bunch of her recipes.

I looked through this site a while back and I can't see my son eating more than 1 or 2 things.

de_goldy

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 6:03 am
life'sgreat wrote:
de_goldy wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

Every. Single. Morning.

Do you mind telling me how to do this? I've tried doing this by breaking apart pieces of bread, and mixing it with the egg yolks, but he doesn't like that either.

Sure. Here is a picture, to give you a better idea: http://www.the-first-time-cook......html

You need an egg cup - http://www.amazon.com/BIA-Cord.....RVO5S

For a soft boiled egg, you boil 4-6 mins (you can play around with the cooking time depending how runny he likes it. The aim is for the white to be firm and the yellow to be runny.

Put egg in the egg cup - wide side down. Take a knife and strike the egg close to the top, and flip open to expose the yellow.

Now dip the toast fingers into the yellow and eat, when toast is done, finish eating egg with the spoon.

If your son likes ketchup, you can squirt a little into the runny yolk - I think I remember liking that as a kid.

Hashemlovesme

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 7:24 am
sometimes I make whole wheat banana muffins, so it has some choc chips & sugar-2 steps forward one step back.

once we were in a real rush & I put sprinkles in her yogurt-she ate it up really nicely!

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 12:09 pm
I make pancakes or crepes but instead of using regular milk I use a Israeli toddler follow up milk called materna stage 3 soya milk.
The older kids love it too and it has a nice set of vitamins!
I bought the milk for weaning ...that did not work so I'm sneeking it into snacks and yogurt the above and even hot chocolate LOL LOL

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 2:18 pm
Thank you De-Goldy.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 8:40 pm
greeneyes wrote:
BennysMommy wrote:

I'm really excited about the natural snack recipes! I look forward to trying the various fruit ice pops, fruit leather, carrot chips... Thank you so much for the link BennysMommy!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics