Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Ideas for Shabbos day meal - crockpot?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 10:58 am
We're tired of chulent, and don't like deli roll. I can make shnitzel sometimes, but it gets boring. Any other fleishig ideas we can use for Shabbos day? Or how about something else I can make in the crockpot? Can I make meatballs in the crockpot?

suzyq

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 11:03 am
I make meatballs in the crockpot all the time for shabbos (I'm not a big fan of cholent). You just make it the way you always would, except put a little extra water in. Put the meatballs in raw and set your crockpot on low for the whole time.

I also make roasts in the crock pot - I recently bought a deckle roast. I slice onions, put them down, sprinkle some onion soup mix and pour a can of condensed mushroom soup, then place the roast in, and do the onions, onion soup mix and mushroom soup again. Add about a can of water and put the crock pot on low - turns out great!

You could also do a chicken cholent, replacing the meat you usually put in with chicken pieces. Or you can cook a whole chicken in the crockpot - just place it in with veggies and spices - NO water, and it will be falling apart by lunch time.

Good luck!

greeneyes

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 11:18 am
This thread might be helpful to you:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ckpot

(I keep meaning to try ra_mom's brown rice stew, but I haven't yet.)

Another good crock pot thread that has some advice in it about shabbos lunch food in a crock pot:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....k+pot

elmos

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 11:27 am
we are also not big cholent people so I do meatballs with sauce extra sauce cook on high for 3-4 hrs or low 6 hours than turn to keep warm for shab
I do rice with chicken boneless legs or whole , meatballs, or stew meat or the lik
chickn with potatos carrots sweet pot onion zuch and the like
I have done bbq chicken in the crock pot

Amital

Post Tue, Nov 09 2010, 1:42 pm
Spaghetti and meatballs works well--just the meatballs in the crockpot. I do it with frozen meatballs and extra sauce, it the sauce does stick to the side sometimes, but not too badly.

What about soup? Chili? A roast--I do a shredded beef with BBQ sauce sometimes (roast in the crockpot, make sauce ahead of time, shred beef and mix with sauce and serve).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus