Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Thank you ladies, I am learning to cut corners!

Tamiri

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 12:16 pm
I even took a walk with little DS today. Not too much left to do tomorrow. Clean and launder. That never goes away. Theoretically I could go out on Friday morning. Hmmmmm.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 1:42 pm
Enjoy the feeling of being ready early! I hope I can do the same this week.

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 1:44 pm
When I am up for it I really enjoy my Friday morning trips. They don't have to take long, but they can be very much worth it.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:27 pm
Thumbs Up

Tamiri

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 8:02 am
Those cut corners helped. I got up as usual (6:30), got 2 kids off to school/gan, washed and hung a load of laundry and off we went to Tel Aviv for a couple's breakfast. We finally used the voucher DH got from work for his bday in July. Being that this was Alter Nativ, a mehadrin dairy place, there were plenty of other ladies there who must have cut corners as well. And still, there was time to come home, get another load of laundry done and hung, food finished and kitchen washed (the rest of the house was done last night). We are happy and calm. Very Happy
Ya gotta love this country. Smack in the middle of Tel Aviv, we parked near the corner of Pompedita and Neharde'a Streets. There seemed to be not one but TWO frummy schools on Pompedita, with one maybe being a school for kids in need (boys and girls - we saw them as they were released from school, together, and there was something not quite homogeneous about their look even though they were little kids). Moral of the story is: there IS religious life in Tel Aviv. But we knew that.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 8:30 am
Tamiri wrote:
Those cut corners helped. I got up as usual (6:30), got 2 kids off to school/gan, washed and hung a load of laundry and off we went to Tel Aviv for a couple's breakfast. We finally used the voucher DH got from work for his bday in July. Being that this was Alter Nativ, a mehadrin dairy place, there were plenty of other ladies there who must have cut corners as well. And still, there was time to come home, get another load of laundry done and hung, food finished and kitchen washed (the rest of the house was done last night). We are happy and calm. Very Happy
Ya gotta love this country. Smack in the middle of Tel Aviv, we parked near the corner of Pompedita and Neharde'a Streets. There seemed to be not one but TWO frummy schools on Pompedita, with one maybe being a school for kids in need (boys and girls - we saw them as they were released from school, together, and there was something not quite homogeneous about their look even though they were little kids). Moral of the story is: there IS religious life in Tel Aviv. But we knew that.

With names like those, how could those streets not have some Torah action? ;-)
Have a great Shabbos!

Tamiri

Post Fri, Nov 26 2010, 6:11 am
And this week: with all that extra time, I was able to partially disassemble our outdoor grill in order to give it a semi-deep cleaning. I think we need a blow torch to really get it shining....
Nothing like a Gan-Eden Friday to make you want to spend 2 hours outside, elbow deep in grease and soot.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 10:01 pm
Tamiri wrote:
And this week: with all that extra time, I was able to partially disassemble our outdoor grill in order to give it a semi-deep cleaning. I think we need a blow torch to really get it shining....
Nothing like a Gan-Eden Friday to make you want to spend 2 hours outside, elbow deep in grease and soot.
Tell me how you deep clean your grill. I have such a hard time with mine. (And no access to a blow torch. Not that I would use one anyway.)

OldYoung

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 10:17 pm
We clean ours with a grill brush... it works pretty well!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 10:22 pm
OldYoung wrote:
We clean ours with a grill brush... it works pretty well!
We do that too LOL

I meant deep clean like the stuff from underneath the grates, near the flames... You know the once a or twice year deep cleaning?
We use Shunamit, brushes, rags... make a whole mess, and it never looks as good as new.
I also feel like I need to replace the grates. Anyone one if I can buy replacements and where?

Tova

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 10:28 pm
This Shabbos I could have joined the chatzos club! Every single dingle thing (including showers/baths, all food and cleaning) was done by noon.

What was the secret? I had off Thurs/Fri because of Thanksgiving. So I recon that if I were a SAHM making Shabbos would be a cinch. [Actually, my husband came home from yeshiva at 12:15 and took over childcare, and I worked from home for about four hours because I needed to make up some hours before the end of the month.]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus