Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How do you train a child overnight?

4ofus

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 9:23 am
My 3.4 yr old has been potty trained for a while but still needs a diaper overnight. How do I go about training her at night?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 9:48 am
minimize drinks before bedtime, and take him to the bathroom about 2 hours after he falls asleep. we did that for about a month and before long he began to be dry all night. we also knew the clues when he needed to use the bathroom in the middle fo the night, he would start grunting in his sleep, so we'd take him. this lasted about another month. Bh he's been mostly dry for about a year.

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 10:45 am
you don't train. When your child wakes up in the morning with dry diapers or pullups then you know your kid is physically able to hold it in overnight. And remember, accidents happen.

SingALong

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 4:53 pm
I just night trained my 3.5 year old. (she's been day trained since last year chanuka). she only went off bottles like 2-3 months ago, so I couldn't train before that.

I was waiting for her to wake up witha dry pamper and it never happened. 2 weeks ago one night, DH forgot to put her on a pamper to sleep and she woke up dry!!! so we continued and so far she only wet the bed once. another night she woke up to use the bathroom and then went back to sleep. I think the feeling of having underwear instead of a pamper enables them to control themselves more, even in their sleep. so I would recommend doing that if you have patience to change sheets if she wets. my older DD had a dry pamper avery night for a week and then I let her sleep in underwear.

good luck!!!

4ofus

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:50 pm
That's really interesting. Maybe I'll try it. The problem is that she insists on going to sleep with a drink and I can't get her to give it up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training