Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Uninvited guests, what do you think?

rivki.belz

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 7:43 am
listen to this and I would love to hear a response, so last week my dh, my twin sons, who are five years old and so cute!! and I were at home fasting tisha baav when I get a call from my mum telling me that some family members 5 people to be exact have booked, without telling her or me to come to my town, to stay the weekend at my house use my dishes and cook here what do I say? My first reaction was no way,escpecailly since I have no connection with these people, but I didn't want to upset my mum and told her okay, anyway we come back from holiday which is where we were off to the day after tisha baav, and No thanks you note they didn't even ask or phone or say anything to me nothing I was so upset, what do you think??

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 8:32 am
They sound like a bunch of advantage takers who feel entitled to everything but there may be another side to things. Maybe they are planning to send you a gift.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 8:54 am
Wow... that takes rudeness to a whole new level.

Thing is, if you don't say anything, do you risk this happening again?

I would call them, and say "Well, since we haven't heard from you, you know, to say thank you, we were wondering if you found everything ok?"

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 10:44 am
I agree they were rude. I would mention something to your mother about their behavior and never host them again.

faigie

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 11:12 am
no call, no thank you, no flowers, no NOTHING???
call them up and speak to them.
you arent a hotel.
in fact, id tell them how shocked you are that they treated your home like a hotel, with less courtesy then a hotel (hey at leats the maid get s a tip!)

amother

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 11:56 am
thank you for the advice, I must say that I agree with all of you and I did have a word with my mum and she says that she did feel for me but said there was nothing she could do and that she tried to discourage them from coming but they were insistent by the way I most definatly will have a word with them about this its not so much the thank you that I needed its more the common courtesy that I need, by the way what does beliveing in gosh mean, I feel a bit silly asking but I can't figure it out?? 8)

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 12:19 pm
Heck is where you get darned to for not believing in Gosh - He!l is where you get dam^ed to for not believing in God.

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 12:41 pm
How did this work? You left your house open and they knew JUST what to do in your kitchen, where things are? I don't understand how this is possible without your talking to them.

And well, you went along with this, didn't you? Having utter strangers not contact you directly but show up at your house and cook etc. Sounds crazy to me! Are we missing information?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 12:49 pm
no I did not just leave my house open they got the key from my in laws who live near me, they just called to ask for the key that's it, nothing else!!, they spoke to my husband.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 1:24 pm
You do realize that you didn't post anonymously in the originally post, right?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics