Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Still waking up to nurse?!?!?
Previous  1  2

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 10:54 am
amother wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:
amother wrote:
op here
he is not a big bab food eater
he eats cheerios and tea biscuits lol

If he eats a decent supper he will not be so hungry at night. Its time to start giving him meat, chicken , or soup. It doesn't need to be baby food. Cheerios and tea biscuits will not fill him up. Basically he has the diet of a 4 month old and is responding accordingly.

how would I prepare meat chicken and soup for a baby? im always scared my chicken soup has too many spices in it

So don't add spices. Or do, and see if baby likes it.

I would say to be careful with meat and chicken, though. Cut it into VERY small pieces, unless it's ground. That's how I feed my baby. Just wash your hands and pull off little pieces. Remember, smaller than a pea isn't going to hurt your baby.

Good luck!

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:
amother wrote:
op here
he is not a big bab food eater
he eats cheerios and tea biscuits lol

If he eats a decent supper he will not be so hungry at night. Its time to start giving him meat, chicken , or soup. It doesn't need to be baby food. Cheerios and tea biscuits will not fill him up. Basically he has the diet of a 4 month old and is responding accordingly.

how would I prepare meat chicken and soup for a baby? im always scared my chicken soup has too many spices in it

I used to boil chicken, with sweet potato, carrot, celery and broccoli, add a bit of salt and pepper, then de bone all the chicken and puree it for my son. He loved it. I would also pick out specific veggies from the soup, so he could have plain sweet potato, or plain chicken, and another container would be chicken carrot mix. (I used a stick blender, and the stock from the soup to puree it all) Chicken soup un-blended is usually hard for them to eat. Don't make the soups too thick either.

I always give my kids chicken bottoms at that age, because its juicier, and tastier. I have also given fried chicken cutlets & mashed potatoes.

Babies can handle spices and flavors, unless you are making it really spicy, its fine to give him what you eat. (Assuming he has no known allergies)

Meatballs was always a favorite with my kids at this age.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 11:15 am
I forgot to add that I froze all this stuff in little ziploc containers, so I had enough food for a week or two. All of it was in 2-4 oz increments depending on the foods I made, and what he liked.

chatouli

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 2:11 pm
Maybe also try feeding him while you and your DH are eating. My baby tends to be a lot fussier about what he'll eat when I'm just feeding him in the high chair, but when there are a few people all talking and eating the same thing as him, he will eat a very good meal. It barely even matters to him what he's eating at that point! Eating is after all a social activity.

Maybe also try some finger foods. My DS loves to feed himself blueberries, for example. I buy them frozen since they are out of season and when they defrost they are pretty mushy. Maybe he'd have more fun if he were feeding himself (depending on where he's holding with the crude pincer grip).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics