Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
You're already on the computer, couldn't you just Google it
1  2  Next

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:10 am
I'm trying hard not to be critical, but I have seen waaay too many posts where the OP mentions something and then the next poster asks 'what is that?'. (like asking about a specific birth control product or a specific food item) Isn't this a little un-necessary? Doesn't it make more work for the OP (or someone else) to respond to you?

If you're already on the computer, Google it first and *THEN* ask someone on the board if you don't get your answer.

I have been sooooo tempted to send the posters a 'let me google that for you' link (www.lmgtfy.com) but that seems a little mean, so I will just say that there is plenty of information online.

Thanks

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:15 am
What's the big deal?

Although I hear and understand your question, people are having conversations here. If you don't want to answer, don't bother. Not everyone feels like googling it!

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:33 am
ChossidMom wrote:
What's the big deal?

Although I hear and understand your question, people are having conversations here. If you don't want to answer, don't bother. Not everyone feels like googling it!

It *is* conversation, just not particularly interesting or meaningful conversation. If I asked about a good recipe for kosher Poutine, and then 5 people after me posted 'What's Poutine?'.... well, that's a really boring thread and doesn't add anything to the site.

LondonIma

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:40 am
I hear what your saying- It doesn't bug me so much when someone replies to someone asking for information about where they are asking as it does when a poster will ask a question or make a which can easily be answered by googling in the first place. I've seen it more on Facebook when someone will ask- does anyone know what time a specific shop closes... LOOK IT UP! Again as the poster above replied, it doesnt matter, and I don't need to answer if I don't want to- but I just think to myself "in the time it took to write that post, you could have answered it yourself" Don't think I explained myself well... but the 2 scenarios are different and one bothers me much more than the other.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:46 am
Some people may have filters that don't allow google.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 4:51 am
I am good at googling, others are not. I am more than happy to look and find and research for someone else. If that isn't someone's else's strength or if they simply don't desire to do so, then don't. Why make a big deal about the question and why should anyone care if I or another poster digs up the info? No one is making anyone else provide the info.

sarahd

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 6:27 am
What's Poutine? Wink

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 7:07 am
sarahd wrote:
What's Poutine? Wink

Something I'm hoping you'll make me and surprise me with Smile cause it sounds delicious. Fattening, but delicious. Parave gravy of course.

sarahd

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 7:34 am
Yech. It sounds good to you?!? Even the picture looks revolting.

Al taam vare'ach...

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 7:41 am
sarahd wrote:
Yech. It sounds good to you?!? Even the picture looks revolting.

Al taam vare'ach...

Cheese fries and gravy. Hip enlarging but yum! Yeah, al taam vare'ach

Ruchel, didn't you talk about this once? Is there a kosher recipe?

Inspired

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 8:15 am
I'm mean.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=why+d.....le%3F

GreenEyes26

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:24 am
ITA, OP.

People like that drive me crazy. It's just total laziness. And usually they do it under amother, too!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:28 am
Inspired wrote:
I'm mean.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

zipporah

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:29 am
Maybe they think it's something naughty and don't want to have the search traceable on their computer.

DH... "What's this poutine you've been searching for? Do we need a therapist?" LOL

Depressed

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 9:31 am
If it is a rated G thing, like a food or medicine or some product, I dont really mind, If I know the answer I can do a toivah for another mother, why not..

I am bothered when when such questions are asked in the intimacy section, its either a troll, or some very insecure 'little girl' just looking for attention. Thats really pathetic...

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 10:21 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Inspired wrote:
I'm mean.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I'll second that

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 12:53 pm
To me Poutine is a Russian guy...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 05 2010, 1:32 pm
I am assuming such requests require a tried and true opinion, rather than a search. Otherwise, yeah, OP/amother is lazy.

Young Lady

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 1:46 am
Ruchel wrote:
To me Poutine is a Russian guy...

Vladimir Putin... LOL LOL LOL
I guess this delicious food is named after him!!

chavamom

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 2:37 am
I googled Poutine, all by myself. That is one of the nastiest things I think I've seen in a long time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics