Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Cooked Salmon Sushi - How to make it?

Isher

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 8:59 pm
I'd decided to try my skills at making sushi. The sushi that we all enjoy is cooked salmon with avocado. I have seen many videos and recipes for raw salmon. I was wondering whether anyone tried or has a recipe for cooked salmon sushi.

Bella:D

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 9:30 pm
I made that recently. Basically I just cook the salmon in the oven on 350 degrees in a baking pan (I spread foil so I don't have to wash it after).
You can put salt and pepper/ lemon on the fish or you don't have to put anything...

Isher

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 9:37 pm
Bella:D wrote:
I made that recently. Basically I just cook the salmon in the oven on 350 degrees in a baking pan (I spread foil so I don't have to wash it after).
You can put salt and pepper/ lemon on the fish or you don't have to put anything...

So do you already precut it to the size of a sushi roll?

Isher

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 9:38 pm
Has anyone tried frying it? If yes, did you use any flour or some other mixture that you rolled it before frying?

Bella:D

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 10:59 pm
I never tried frying salmon like that. You could put raw salmon and then fry the whole roll (dip it in batter first) and the salmon inside gets pretty cooked.
When I cooked the salmon in the oven I didn't precut it, once its cooked it gets flaky so I just put in as much as I want into the roll.

alpidarkomama

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 1:03 am
Blowtorch makes GREAT seared salmon. REALLY! Smear a little mayo over the fish, then torch it until it's just cooked through. I'm really not kidding. Smile It's our favorite way to have salmon.

alpidarkomama

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 1:05 am
OH! And I'm not talking about a whole fillet. I usually cut it into small-ish pieces (1x3 inches and maybe 1/2 inch thick) and put it on a little log of rice, nigiri style.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 8:22 am
answering OP's question, no need to pre-cut salmon. Once cooked, salmon flakes easily.
You can just bake or pan-fry plain, or marinate in teriyaki sauce then cook.

I haven't tried frying--it's very tricky, I won't even consider trying. Rice tends to fall apart even with batters around. Not to mention controlling the temperature so that seaweed doesn't burn but fish gets cooked.

Isher

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:29 pm
How much salmon am I supposed to order? I most probably want to make between 8 - 10 rolls.

Also, is wasabi something that I can get ready made or can I make it - and how?

Isher

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:32 pm
When I buy cooked salmon avocado roll they fry just the salmon and then add it to the roll. Anyone know how that's done? What type of a batter should I do if I dip it in one?

Appreciate all the help. Hope I'm not taking on something that's way over my head.

greeneyes

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 4:19 pm
Isher wrote:
How much salmon am I supposed to order? I most probably want to make between 8 - 10 rolls.

Also, is wasabi something that I can get ready made or can I make it - and how?

You can buy wasabi powder, which you just mix with a bit of water to make wasabi paste. It comes in a little jar near the sushi supplies.

I've never tried frying salmon for sushi, but here's what I do that comes out sort of similar to the breaded fried salmon & avocado roll: fish sticks (I know it sounds funny, but it comes out really good), avocado, & spicy sauce (just mix some mayo & cayenne pepper). It's simple & delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics