Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Magic and/or card tricks

smiley:)

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 2:00 pm
My 5 yr old is very into magic tricks and card tricks. Does anyone have any that they could describe here?

Thanks in advance.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 5:07 pm
get something from the library

joy613

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 6:11 am
The #10 card trick:
Hope I can describe this well.
you need a whole deck of cards for this (no jokers). Have someone take 1 card without you seeing what it is and he should keep it near him upside him. Then from the rest of the deck, you lay out about 12 cards face up. What you have to keep doing is to cover 'sets'. A set is either a) 2 cards that equal to 10 (I.e. a 4 and a 6, a 5 and a 5, etc.) or b) a jack, queen and king. You take cards from the rest of the deck and cover sets you see. don't make it obvious what you're doing. should look like random placing of cards. Keep covering till you have no more cards left. You can have a few cards in one pile. When no cards left, pick up the piles also as sets (ex: pick up the pile with a 2 on top and a pile with 8 on top, then pick up a pile with a jack, pile with a queen and pile with a king). you should end up with one pile left with no match. (or in the case of J, Q, K, youll have 2 cards with one missing) The card that will make that one a set, is the card that the other person chose in the beginning.
Hope that makes sense...It's easier to show than describe, but it's really not so hard and kids love doing it they feel so cool about it. good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics