Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Cool Ideas Needed

Gibbo

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 7:11 pm
Ladies I need an original idea for fundraising for a girls school. Its a small mixed community and we desperately need funds. We need something new!!!We have done coffeemornings raffles bingo etc any cool ideas Thanks!

Shalshelet

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 8:18 pm
This is a great time of year to sell Florida Oranges and Grapefruit boxes. We used to do that when I was in school and it was a BIG fundraiser.

CatLady

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 9:13 pm
I second the suggestion of selling citrus fruit. It's always very popular, and sometimes the demand exceeds the supply, so people know to order early.

It's a little late for this "retail season", but next year, think of having an arts and crafts fair. If the girls at the school are crafty, they can sell items that they've made. Another income source would come from the fees that you'd charge the artists who participate (30% of their sales is typical if you don't want to do a flat rate per table). A Saturday night vernissage could raise more funds, with refreshments being sold. The artists would set up on Friday, and would be ready to sell right after Shabbos. You can also do a 50/50 draw at the vernissage, which is always a big hit.

mha3484

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 9:28 pm
I third the citrus idea. Also lunch sales are great. We used to sell pizza, milk shakes and other things from local restaurants either during lunch or right after school was over.

Gibbo

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 11:36 am
sorry for my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by selling oranges and lemons? Never heard of the concept but sounds interesting

Dev80

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 12:20 pm
Bake sales!
In my hs, this was the big fundraiser. Girls baked, and the only money the school had to put out was for pretty cellophane paper and ribbon. Then, we'd go to a local food store and sell there. Or, we'd stay in school and have it at a time when lots of parents would be coming (parent teacher conference for the elementary school, carpool time, etc.) These easily made $600 and again, no money was put out and the effort is put on a a lot of people, making it not so demanding.

shanie5

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 1:13 pm
Dev80 wrote:
Bake sales!
In my hs, this was the big fundraiser. Girls baked, and the only money the school had to put out was for pretty cellophane paper and ribbon. Then, we'd go to a local food store and sell there. Or, we'd stay in school and have it at a time when lots of parents would be coming (parent teacher conference for the elementary school, carpool time, etc.) These easily made $600 and again, no money was put out and the effort is put on a a lot of people, making it not so demanding.

We do a bake sale twice a year-for rosh ahshanna and shavuos. but nobody bakes/cooks w/o an order. what we do:

the organizers get people to offer to cook/bake s/t specific-cookies, pies, salads, kugels, etc.
they make a list of everything and the prices and who is offering, and mail it out to everybody. people call the school to order, and pay the school. the school informs those who are cooking/baking what was ordered and by whom, and the items are picked up or delivered on erev yom tov (or at the convenience of the involved parties.)

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 3:11 pm
we've done bake sales before too!
another fun idea is a bowlathon-the kids get sponsors per point & you get a cheap rate from the bowling alley. this is good if the community is milked for all the local needs. or assemble/deliver mishloach manos....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics