Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tznius in font of kids

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 8:44 pm
At what age did you start being makpid that your children dont see you undressed? As in not getting undressed in front of them or letting them tag along when you go to the bathroom....

paprika

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 8:47 pm
As soon as they started staring. Between 1 1/2 and 2 years old. Apparently this is not a daily occurance, otherwise they would be immune to the shape of the human body.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 8:57 pm
I let my almost 4 year old twins of both sexes be in the room with me while I get dressed-- they could care less. I also let them bathe together-- they still haven't noticed their differences. I think I'm on the less strict end though--- most people by 4 have stopped... but our Rav who knows our kids and how behind they are developmentally says it's still fine for them to bathe together and share a room, etc, and I figure it's also fine for me to change my shirt if they're in the room.

louche

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 9:02 pm
Soon as they were no longer infants. So sue me.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 9:14 pm
DD is 16 1/2 monhs and she has been following us to the bathroom all the time and just played. These days she stares and laughs when we go (sorry if tmi) and it makes me feel uncomfortable... Its time to stop. Uch its gonna be hard............ Shes always around when I get dressed.

I remember an incident years ago. I was abt 9 years old and I was staying with an aunt and uncle for the summer with my sister. Anyways, she would have no prob getting dressed in front of her daughters, or me.... it just feels weird to me...

Im thinking if its a respect issue. Like if my kids see me without a shirt on, will they have less respect for me? I dont know if im making any sense....

imaima

Post Mon, Dec 13 2010, 4:20 am
I asked a renowned rebethn with multiple children, the answer was 3 years. The question was till what age can you take them with you in the bathroom.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 13 2010, 5:52 am
I don't want anyone in the toilets with me, really!

Chippies

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 7:53 pm
My two year old boy still pushes his way into the bathroom with me, but he's far more interested in what goes into the toilet than looking at me...I'm just starting to toilet train him so I think he's currently obsessed with the idea of going to the bathroom and flushing the toilet.

I won't change in front of him if he's looking near my direction - and I haven't since he was about 18 months old. I'll change if he's in my room, but I make sure that he's fully occupied with some sort of toy or activity so that he doesn't look up at me and I'll be at a distance away from him, behind the bed or dresser or something.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:00 pm
when I was pregnant, my twins used to see me changing and didnt notice anything because they "knew" my belly was big cuz there was a baby in there. now that I already gave birth, recently my daughter saw me changing my shirt and asked me - now you have 2 babies in ur tummy? so I said no, I already had our baby. and she pointed to my chest and said, no mommy, u have 2 more babies......now they no longer come in to my room while I get dressed!

artikidove

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:
when I was pregnant, my twins used to see me changing and didnt notice anything because they "knew" my belly was big cuz there was a baby in there. now that I already gave birth, recently my daughter saw me changing my shirt and asked me - now you have 2 babies in ur tummy? so I said no, I already had our baby. and she pointed to my chest and said, no mommy, u have 2 more babies......now they no longer come in to my room while I get dressed!

PRECIOUS! now you know it's time to get dressed by yourself... =]

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:25 am
from about 2. or when they started commenting on things they saw.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:27 am
my four year old for about a week used to stand up on a chair and touch my breasts . (I'm a very small size so I was quite surprised) talk about being curious. why would anyone get dressed in front of biggerrs kids.
as of giving baths together are you waiting for them to tell you s omething?

csarab

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 10:38 am
Just be careful if the child in question is a boy. Although they may not notice anything funny now, their memories are still active from the time that they can begin speaking, and they can still remember at a much older age! Who knows what the outcome of that can be, what kind of nisyonos you're giving him...

Personally, I remember a relative getting dressed in front of me when I was two years old. Although I did not see anything wrong with it at the time, I still remember now exactly what I saw!

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 11:10 am
I try my best to maintain as much privacy as possible, I.e. getting dressed in my bathroom/closet, door to my room closed. but my kids are still little, ages 6 and 3, so I want them to be able to come to be in case they need me. if its non-emergency, I just tell them to wait until I'm tznius, but they still get in those little peeks. they never see me 100% undressed just maybe in a tshirt and underwear or something while I'm in the midst of changing. also they see me in pj's or a nightgown.

if dd age 3 insists on coming with me to the bathroom, I tell her she needs to face the corner. (in public bathrooms I always take them, I dont' want them left outside while I'm in the stall).

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 11:22 am
My 15 m.o ds finally is able to tolerate me not allowing him into the bathroom with me, as long as I talk to him thru the door. The problem is that he find it hysterical to come up and yank my skirt and underwear down to the floor while I'm cooking, washing dishes, or brushing my hair. I have to be really careful with guests around!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics