Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Jello?

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 11:45 am
does anyone know of an easy dessert that looks good with jello as its main ingredient? and no whipped cream either. anybody?

su7kids

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 11:57 am
put in fruit and use the juice from the canned fruit to mix the jello, instead of just water. You can put a bit of whipped cream in as well if you want it to look like a pudding.

I used to use canned peaches, but apricots or anything would work. Its kinda neat, you make the mold with the fruit going to the bottom, and when you serve it, you turn it upside down and then the fruit is on the "top". Or you can let the jello set for a while (not completely) and then drop the fruit in, so it doesn't go all the way down.

Very pretty.

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 11:59 am
When I'm in a rush I prepare the jello as instructed and add a can of crushed pineapple.

Buddy

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 12:54 pm
This one is not that simple, but it's sooo pretty & delicious! My SIL made it for my mom on purim & we all loved it! Basically, she piled up 4 colors in a trifle bowl. You can also do it in cups, and you don't have to do all colors. The annoying part of the recipe is that it takes time since u have 2 wait for the jello to thichen b/f u add the next layer.

green - mix with kiwi (thinly sliced, quartered)
yellow - pineapple tidbits
orange - mandarines
red - strawberries, thinly sliced

Hearty apetite!

MinnieMa

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 1:24 pm
This one is very easy- and looks really nice.
First make the jello as instructed- you know hot water and all and mix...
Then take a can of pineapple(sliced, you know the round ones with the hole)
pour the jello into the hole of the pineapple- you can let it over flow to cover the outside of the pineapple too, if you would like. Then put in fridge while pineapple is still in can.

When it's time to surve, it will come out of the can like a loaf and you cute the slices-- it will look really pretty- and tastes good.

I'm sorry if I'm so unclear-- anyquestions let me know! Good shabbos

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 1:31 pm
thanks guys-these are gr8 ideas!! I think I'll have a hard time choosing just one:)

youngmom

Post Fri, Aug 18 2006, 3:22 pm
thanx minniema, I'm going to try your idea for shabbos. I'll let you know how it turns out.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 19 2006, 9:34 pm
my mom would use mini marshmallows too, with the fruit and the jello.

youngmom

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 10:14 am
I didn't end up doing it for this Shabbos. I'll try it another week.
But, I have a question for you minniema.

Do you just use one can of pineapple? I'm trying to imagine filling the can. Won't it overflow? There isn't enough room for all the jello together with the pineapple in there. What do you do? I don't quite understand.

MinnieMa

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 3:06 pm
You do what suits you. If you are having allot of company you can use allot of cans. The jello will definitely be extra is you are just using one can. DOn't overflow it-- use just enough to fill the hole and if you want to fill the outsides too. The rest I just put in the fridge and that my husband eats plain.

youngmom

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 8:44 pm
oh. ok. I didn't understand that in the first post you posted. so as I understand now there'll be extra jello, right? I prepare the jello first and then pour whatever fits into the pineapple can?

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 1:22 pm
You got it young mom. I wish I can remember who taught me this receipe, so I can say it in her name-- Oh well... I didn't make it up!! Let me know how it comes out.

ny21

Post Sat, Apr 21 2007, 10:43 pm
I bought kosher for passover jello
it was devine.

mumoo

Post Sat, Apr 21 2007, 11:31 pm
I make 4-5 boxes for Shabbos. Usually red, orange, yellow, green (kiwi flavor is beter than lime) and purple (grape if I can find it). I use only 1 1/2 cups boiling water (box says 2 cups) for each box and mix each color separately in loaf pans. Because its only about an inch deep, it sets pretty quickly. Then I cut each "loaf" into 1/2 inch cubes and mix all of them in a clear, crystal bowl. It looks really pretty, like stained glass.

btw, my kids get a kick out of eatting jello with a straw 8)

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 9:22 am
MinnieMa wrote:
This one is very easy- and looks really nice.
First make the jello as instructed- you know hot water and all and mix...
Then take a can of pineapple(sliced, you know the round ones with the hole)
pour the jello into the hole of the pineapple- you can let it over flow to cover the outside of the pineapple too, if you would like. Then put in fridge while pineapple is still in can.

When it's time to surve, it will come out of the can like a loaf and you cute the slices-- it will look really pretty- and tastes good.

I'm sorry if I'm so unclear-- anyquestions let me know! Good shabbos

I made this for my sil's sheva brachos and it was a big hit thanks. Very Happy

faigie

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 9:58 am
this request is a long shot, but im gonna ask anyway.
what can I tell ou, I love jello!

there once was a triafa recipe for jello, where it was mixed with cream , and somehow the creamand the regular jello sepaprate out to make a two tone effect......... anyone know how to make that with our jello?
also, there was another recipe made with triafa jello that was mixed with ice cream and also separated out somehow.. anyone know how to make that?
one more thing.. a few years ago, they sold flavored jello made from kosher gelitan with a reliable hechsher.does anyone know if its sold anymore?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics