Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum?
1  2  3  Next

marina

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 2:56 pm
I am going to ask Yael for a Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum.

People like us need a safe space to discuss our challenges and get support from each other. The rest of the world does not understand and just calls us names. They tell us we are conceited and selfish and they don't see how difficult it is to be in our shoes. Ok, my shoes.

I have personally told that I am "arrogant" and "all-knowing" - clearly evidence that such a forum is sorely needed. I need to be able to discuss how difficult it is to be me without the teasing and the criticism that the rest of the board continously showers upon us... well, actually upon me.

Do you also have a Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Are you also told that you are arrogant and all-knowing and self-absorbed? If so, you might want to be join my closed NPD forum, but remember, the forum will be about me. Not about you.

I will guess that the comments to this post will just prove the need for this forum Smile

ora_43

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 2:58 pm
What if the world thinks I'm arrogant, but I know that I am simply realistically assessing my extreme awesomeness?

marina

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 2:59 pm
I have this problem all the time Ora! How do you cope?

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:00 pm
But wait! If you are truly narcissitic (and I assume we'll need an official diagnosis to join!), then you wouldn't need a forum. The rest of us would need a forum where we could support each other in our struggles to pay more attention to you and your needs. LOL

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:00 pm
I am not arrogant. I am absolutely perfect. I have perfect teeth and perfect hair and I look 22 and I always smell great. So I'm sorry, I absolutely can't join your narcissistic personality disorder forum because I'm absolutely perfect.

Oh and btw I'm more awesome than you Ora so there Tongue Out

shosh

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:07 pm
I can see that you are obviously writing about me over here. After all, it's all about me, isn't it?

shosh

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:08 pm
Oh and if you are looking for any male members of this new forum, I'll send you the Fuhrer's email address. He can give you some great lessons!

ora_43

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:09 pm
marina wrote:
I have this problem all the time Ora! How do you cope?

By not caring about others' opinions, of course.

Fox, it's true that the real solution would be for the rest of you to learn to accept my innate superiority, but until that happens a closed forum would help me sort out my emotions with others who can understand my pain (namely: me. It will be a very small closed forum.).

chavamom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:13 pm
Wait - it's about to be taken out of the DSM as a disorder. Seriously. Apparently we are all so narcissistic as a society it's not considered a disorder anymore.
We're All Narcissistic Now

Barbara

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:17 pm
Sigh. You're right. All of you DO need that forum to help you to get over your delusions. Maybe some therapy would help as well. Remember, recognizing your flaws is the first step towards solving the problem.

I won't be eligible to join the forum. I don't have a personality disorder. I really *do* know everything, and really *am* always right.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:18 pm
Look they say admitting you have a "problem" is the first step...

Wait, is there a 12 step program for Narcissists?

Oh, right, it's called the ivy league?

And clearly I should belong to this forum, because after all if you perceive that I have any imperfections - it's clearly *your* perception that is faulty.

Excuse me while I go find something better to do then to talk with lesser mortals. Wink

Marina, look we finally agree on something!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Cheers

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:19 pm
Barbara wrote:
Sigh. You're right. All of you DO need that forum to help you to get over your delusions. Maybe some therapy would help as well. Remember, recognizing your flaws is the first step towards solving the problem.

I won't be eligible to join the forum. I don't have a personality disorder. I really *do* know everything, and really *am* always right.

a VERY CLOSE RELATIVE of mine who is a perfectionist and demands it from everyone, has the first name MIKE. He says it stands for Man, I Know Everything.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:26 pm
Wait a minute? Other people are eligible to join or do we each just get our own forum where we can write all day and the rest of you just have to listen?

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:41 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Wait a minute? Other people are eligible to join or do we each just get our own forum where we can write all day and the rest of you just have to listen?

We get our own individual forums. But if you start responding to your own posts, you have to drop out of the NPD forum and join the Multiple Personalities Forum. Of course, if you're both narcissistic and have multiple personalities, you can join the Multiple-Personalities-At-Least-One-Of-Whom-Is-Narcissistic forum.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

We get our own individual forums. But if you start responding to your own posts, you have to drop out of the NPD forum and join the Multiple Personalities Forum. Of course, if you're both narcissistic and have multiple personalities, you can join the Multiple-Personalities-At-Least-One-Of-Whom-Is-Narcissistic forum.

Personally I think each of us should have our own locked thread where people can read about how perfect we all are, but can't comment. Because those comments might be hurtful.

(All kidding aside, I admit I am a member of a few closed forums (but not necessarily because they are closed)).

Merrymom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:48 pm
aidelmaidel wrote:
Fox wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

Personally I think each of us should have our own locked thread where people can read about how perfect we all are, but can't comment. Because those comments might be hurtful.

(All kidding aside, I admit I am a member of a few closed forums (but not necessarily because they are closed)).

Well sometimes I already feel like I'm talking to myself in the closed forums, they're that "happening".

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:58 pm
Merrymom wrote:
aidelmaidel wrote:
Fox wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

Well sometimes I already feel like I'm talking to myself in the closed forums, they're that "happening".

I agree, I find they aren't very "happening" and the one that seemingly is, does a lot of "Can you believe the _____________ thread?"

abound

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 4:04 pm
Since this supposed to be all about Marina.....I've got a question for you, Whats the deal with your icon/picture. Who and what is this guy with the long white beard?

Barbara

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 4:13 pm
bmw wrote:
Since this supposed to be all about Marina.....I've got a question for you, Whats the deal with your icon/picture. Who and what is this guy with the long white beard?

That's a picture of me that Marina decided to use as an avater. Do you think the beard makes me look old? Do you think I should dye it purple?

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 4:18 pm
bmw wrote:

its dumbledore. one of her alter egos
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics