Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Boy Baby Waking Up Soaking Wet

amother

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 12:45 pm
I double my baby's diapers every night and he still soaks through to his clothes every single night. Is there a diaper out there that'll keep him dry all night? Mainly I find it's leaking out at the tabs which have no padding/absorbency at all. What do you all do or it is just my son that is the world's littlest biggest pi**er?

frumamn

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 12:47 pm
The mohel I use for my boys always reminds mothers to point their sons p*nis down so that the bulkier padded part of the diaper absorbs most of the urine and they soak through their clothes less.

losingweight

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 12:50 pm
When that kept happening to my ds, I made sure his thingy pointed down, got the next size diaper and didn't close the snaps of his onesie. The pamper had more room to expand.

Undefined

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 1:54 pm
Same thing happened to me ( well not me, my baby) it's all about pointing it downwards! Very Happy

Laughing Bag!

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:20 pm
losingweight wrote:
When that kept happening to my ds, I made sure his thingy pointed down, got the next size diaper and didn't close the snaps of his onesie. The pamper had more room to expand.

same here! however it can happpen with girls too lol however with a boy pointing down is THE way of avoiding the prblm. a bigger size diaper for overnight or get a diaper like the swadlers/ cruisers or huggies overnights they absorb better than other ones. another thing is to avoid a late night bottles in bed I dont know how old your ds is but if he takes a juice... bottle in bed stop it,
Good Luck!

challi

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:23 pm
yup make sure he's pointed DOWN. l
l
l
l
V

mfb

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:28 pm
for my oldest who always soaked through I bought in pathmark in the pamper section they had pamper liners(pads) that you put into a pamper I found this helped much more than a double pamper good luck

Mamish Mama

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 11:02 pm
We had this same problem. We switchen to Pampers Ultra Absorbancy and it still happened but not as often as other brands. Our son loves to drink and is a big pisher! As he got older it did get better and very rarely happens anymore (he's 2.5 now).

gold21

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 11:06 pm
I still change my 2 year old's diaper in the middle of the night...

akc

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 5:02 am
We have that problem whenever my boy is teething. I find putting a woolen soaker over the top of his nappy stops the problem. Look up any cloth nappy website for more info on what it is and where to get it. They can be pricey but you don't need to wash them frequently. maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I use it over disposable nappies.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 5:11 am
With my 2 older ones it was a sign that it was time to switch diaper sizes. With DS#3 it's been going on for a few nights now, and I hope he doesn't need larger ones because we CD and his older brother is still using the larger ones overnight! The ones he's in now are fine during the day; I'm thinking I'm not getting the diaper cover on quite right (because he's always pointed down and the leaking is always from the same spot...).

yytsmommy

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 7:57 am
that also happened with both my boys. when we went up a diaper size it stopped. the bigger diaper goes higher and has more room to absorb. figuring this out was a life saver. having a soaked through baby in the morning is no fun...
hope it works for you! Smile

Bliss

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 9:42 am
Marion wrote:
With my 2 older ones it was a sign that it was time to switch diaper sizes. With DS#3 it's been going on for a few nights now, and I hope he doesn't need larger ones because we CD and his older brother is still using the larger ones overnight! The ones he's in now are fine during the day; I'm thinking I'm not getting the diaper cover on quite right (because he's always pointed down and the leaking is always from the same spot...).
Is it luvs diapers that you're using? If so changing brands might do the trick. Also, try changing him again right before you go to sleep.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 11:57 pm
OP here. It wasn't a case of needing the next size diapers, the ones he has are very roomy so although I thought the pointing thing down was just silly I figured I had nothing to lose so I did it. I am so shocked!!! We went from soaking through to the sheets every night to waking up dry most mornings. Once he was a little bit wet but nothing like before. Thank you all so much for your advice!

Courage

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 1:59 pm
I did both: pointed down and put double pampers from the best pamper company, it does help but not always, I found that the best preventor is "diapering during the night!" My baby sleeps better if I diaper him, wet pamper bothers him

Merrymom

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:26 pm
I found that Huggies Overnights work really well, they're thicker than most other diapers.

willow

Post Fri, Feb 11 2011, 6:12 am
I was just thinking of asking this question because we are trying every brand but he keeps soaking through.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Feb 11 2011, 7:28 am
Bliss wrote:
Marion wrote:
Is it luvs diapers that you're using? If so changing brands might do the trick. Also, try changing him again right before you go to sleep.

Bliss, Marion uses cloth diapers.

Merrymom

Post Fri, Feb 11 2011, 10:54 am
willow wrote:
I was just thinking of asking this question because we are trying every brand but he keeps soaking through.

I put the Huggies Overnight on first and then a cheap Target brand (but still good quality) over that. He woke up dry every morning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics