Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ped. in monsey, worth switching cause no 2 waiting rooms?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:36 pm
looking for a pediatrician in monsey-
found clarkstown ped, I like the doc we saw, but really DID NOT LIKE that there is no seperate waiting room for sick and well.
is that a reason to switch?

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:42 pm
I never went to a doctor who had two waiting. The idea is great! If there are two doctors who are amazing and one has two waiting rooms one doesn't I'd say yes go to the one with two waiting rooms. But that's all else being equal. I would want to find the best doctor for my kids waiting rooms aside.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:10 pm
While it does bother me a bit, finding a dr. that I like would take precedence.

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:11 pm
I think they have done studies on this that the germs don't really stay in the sick waiting room. And the toys do get transferred between the sick and well waiting room.

honestly, I don't think it really makes a difference.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:14 pm
I have never heard of a doctors office having separate waiting rooms, besides for Refuah Health Center that has 1 for men and 1 for women. That was one of the reasons I left them. I would first check if the doctor is good, that is a higher priority than 2 waiting rooms, IMHO.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:18 pm
Dr Yakov Kiffel, who is an excellent pedi, has two 'sort of' separate waiting rooms. It's actually one room with a dividing wall in between.

abby1776

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:22 pm
I do not recall the waiting room situation - but I used Dr. Kiffel for 5 years while I lived in Monsey and HE IS AMAZING! That is reason alone to switch. I just moved to Baltimore and the first week there before I found a pediatrician, my 3 yo DD had an allergic reaction to someone, and I called Dr. Kiffel and he handled everything and called in a perscription and was generally just amazing. I cannot say enough good things about him.

If you can switch to Dr. Kiffel, I would.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
I have never heard of a doctors office having separate waiting rooms, besides for Refuah Health Center that has 1 for men and 1 for women. That was one of the reasons I left them. I would first check if the doctor is good, that is a higher priority than 2 waiting rooms, IMHO.

its not a men women thing, its one room for the well visit kids, and the other for sick kids.
this way if I come in with my healthy 6 month old, I won't have a sick toddler climbing all over her, exposing her.
I am so used to that in my previous practice.

observer

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:09 pm
another vote for Dr. Kiffel

ilovestrollers

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:14 pm
A third vote for Dr. Kiffel. I actually used Clarksktown for about four years and then switched to Dr. Kiffel. He is a great doctor, and really cares about his patients. I did not get that vibe in Clarkstown - especially once the doctor I used in the beginning retired.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:16 pm
where in monsey is kiffel locationed?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 6:29 pm
I am also thrilled to be in Dr. Kiffel's practice. My kids love him. He is located on Robert Pitt, across from the Monsey Health Center.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:04 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

its not a men women thing, its one room for the well visit kids, and the other for sick kids.
this way if I come in with my healthy 6 month old, I won't have a sick toddler climbing all over her, exposing her.
I am so used to that in my previous practice.

Actually not. I have been not-so-politely asked many times to get out of the 'mens' waiting room and wait in the 'womens' room. Even the receptionists will tell you this.

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:
looking for a pediatrician in monsey-
found clarkstown ped, I like the doc we saw, but really DID NOT LIKE that there is no seperate waiting room for sick and well.
is that a reason to switch?

As far as I know, its not a given that pediatrician's have a seperate waiting rooms for sick and well visits. Its nice if they do, but not standard practice by any means. So definitley not a reason to switch. I personally just don't let my baby play with the toys when I'm waiting in the Dr.'s office. As far as being in the same room as another sick kid, that's life, there's germs all around us. As long as the kid isn't breathing on top of my kid I'm not gonna make a big deal...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics