Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Schedule: when? how? PLS HELP

amother

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 2:33 am
Hi, I actually have twins who are 2 months old but kind of treat them on their own individual schedule. However, I am trying to figure out a simple, gentle and logical way to try and put them on a schedule to make life slightly more predictable and manageable for us all. So I'm asking all you moms out there:
When can I start putting them on a schedule? Can you tell me a sample schedule of your day?
What time is bedtime?
What exactly does bedtime mean for a newborn? What do you do? (They sleep a lot during the day too...)
What's the best way to wean them from needing those night time feedings?
I'd love to hear any and all advice!
Thanking you in advance from and overwhelmed and exhausted first time mom of twins Smile

amother

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 1:48 pm
Bump please? Anyone?

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 2:04 pm
Mazel tov!
I think at around 3-4 months you can put them on a schedule, but that's just according to my own experience. Try to stretch the feedings so if they currently eat every 2 hours, do every 2 hrs and 10 min, 2 hrs and 20 min, until you reach 3 hours. If possible, it's best if they don't sleep in your room. Babies smell the parents and tend to wake up more. I would also try to stimulate them during the day so that by night time, they are good and tired. Did you ever read the Baby Whisperer? It's a fabulous book to get your babies on a schedule and you can start it immediately.
Hatzlacha and I know it's hard but -- try to get some rest! Smile

simchat

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 2:10 pm
I had my mother over when I had my DD and she gave me the best advice: basically, have a bedtime routine! I would give her a warm bath with johnsons bedtime bath, a long feed, swaddle her and then put her to bed. She would really sleep for hours almost right from the beginning. Also (as per mum`s instructions), I never put her in her bed during the day. When she napped, I would put her on my bed, in her carriage etc and that way HER bed was just for the night, that way she could differentiate between naps and real sleep. Worked really well for us, bH.

Good luck and mazal tov on your babies! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics