Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Babysitter and eating meat with dairy

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 10:18 pm
I hired a non Jewish babysitter recently and explained to her about our keeping/eating meat and dairy separate.

Tonight I made baked ziti for dinner and offered it to her and she said she will have the meatballs in my fridge along with the "pasta". I was unsure of what to do so I allowed her to do it but I told her she had to eat on plastic because we keep everything apart. She had to heat up the meatballs so she used a metal pot for meat and the ziti was on a different counter. She took a plastic plate, put the pasta on it, then put the meatballs on that plate too, put a paper towel down on my table and ate with a plastic fork. The thing I did not see was how she got the meatballs on the plate with the ziti - she was using a metal spoon to stir the meatballs so I assume she used that spoon to drop the meatballs on the plate.
I made a mistake and should have told her that in my house we cannot eat the two together. I feel like crying....
I plan to tell her, I will try to say it nicely.
Did I make a huge mistake? Do I need to call a Rav about anything? (the pot, spoon etc,)?

grin

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 3:08 am
calm down and tell the rav the entire story form beginning to end, with as many details as possible. they usually try to find kulas as much as they can, but better to know for sure either way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions