Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Garlic mayo recipe

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 7:35 pm
I know it may seem silly, it must be just garlic and mayo, but I want to make my own "shnitzi" salads at home and my favorite dressing is the garlic mayo. Anyone know a good recipe for one? TIA.

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 7:45 pm
I make mine with one baked eggplant (covered in foil, pricked with fork, baked at 375ish for about 80 minutes) peel off the skin once cooled, if it doesn't peel easily it isn't done baking.

Put into food processor cooked eggplant, 4-8 cloves of garlic dp on taste, salt and a few heaping spoons of mayonaisse to desired consistency, blend on high until eggplant seeds are obliterated. Smile

Hope that is what you were looking for!

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:04 pm
ooooo MY FAVORITE dressing totally garlic mayo - so this is what I do!

I roast a whole head of garlic with the tip cut off so u can kinda see all the garlic pieces from a birds eye view...with olive oil and salt wrapped in aluminum foil until its soft and mushy (like abt 30 mins) then I mash it into the mayo (however much you like) then I add salt and a bit more garlic powder (depends on how much of a garlicky taste im in the mood of)

thing is when you roast garlic it becomes devine and almost sweet so u can also spread it plain in toast/ bruscetta style - its the best garlic bread that u can make in my mind Smile Smile

hope it makes sense and that u like it!!

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:05 pm
oh and ive also done a salad dressing with garlic, mayo and olive oil also really fab so if you want that one too il be happy to post!

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:07 pm
Oh sorry I missed the dressing word! embarrassed I gave you a recipe for garlic dip!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:11 pm
Kitchen, thanks, but that's more of a babaganush.

Two is a charm, that's exactly similar to what I was looking for. Except it also has a little something yellow in it, thinking dijon or spicy mustard. Gonna try it and add that. Thanks!

Last edited by Fabulous on Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twoisacharm

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:13 pm
lemme know if its better with the addition!!!

Sherri

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 4:41 am
Two, can you please post the dressing recipe? TIA

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 9:43 am
See thesethreads for more ideas

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....+mayo

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....+mayo

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 10:58 am
In the kitchen wrote:
Oh sorry I missed the dressing word! embarrassed I gave you a recipe for garlic dip!

I'm happy you missed the dressing word. I have been looking for a recipe like that for a while! Thanks! Very Happy

Fabulous

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 12:01 pm
Thanks so much!!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 5:54 pm
OMG!!! I made the best dressing ever!! I took twoisacharm's idea and mixed it with others. I took mayo, some of those roasted garlic, some lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, splenda, and some spicy brown mustard. IT WAS YUM!!!!

ETA: THANKS EVERYONE!! You guys saved me so much money. No more shnitzi or other salads unless I just couldn't make it on my own for some reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics