Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shabbat Shalom Grover! Shalom Sesame 2011
1  2  Next

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:01 am
This particular one (volume 3 in the new DVD series) is impressive and pretty much presents a frum perspective! And my daughter appears in it! She is in the two segments where kids talk about Shabbat. My dd is the one in the pink long-sleeve shirt. (At the very end of the second segment, she is the kid who says, "and then we say shavua tov".)

Anyone see it? Very Happy

snood

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:55 am
Isramom8 wrote:
This particular one (volume 3 in the new DVD series) is impressive and pretty much presents a frum perspective! And my daughter appears in it! She is in the two segments where kids talk about Shabbat. My dd is the one in the pink long-sleeve shirt. (At the very end of the second segment, she is the kid who says, "and then we say shavua tov".)

Anyone see it? Very Happy

Is it on youtube? maybe out it up? Smile

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 7:03 am
I doubt the DVD would allow for copying, whether practically or legally. Maybe posting a few seconds would be okay, not sure.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 7:05 am
I'd love to see a snapshot! : )

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:23 am
Isramom, my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Shalom Sesame DVDs. I have 3 of them (the welcome to ISrael one, the Shabbat one, and the Mitzvah on the street one) and have a few others pre-ordered on amazon.

I will need to look for your daughter in it which shouldn't be too hard as my 4 year old tends to control the DVD player and sometimes we end up watching the video several times in a row...

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:34 am
Is there any Hebrew on the DVD's?
Could my kids follow with their very limited English (they love Barney and Dora even though they can't understand everything).

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 9:09 am
Mirabelle wrote:
Isramom, my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Shalom Sesame DVDs. I have 3 of them (the welcome to ISrael one, the Shabbat one, and the Mitzvah on the street one) and have a few others pre-ordered on amazon.

I will need to look for your daughter in it which shouldn't be too hard as my 4 year old tends to control the DVD player and sometimes we end up watching the video several times in a row...

I'm so excited! In the first kids' segmant, all she says is "we wake up in the morning, we get dressed", but in the second kids' segment (almost at the end of the DVD) she talks four times.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 9:12 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Could my kids follow with their very limited English (they love Barney and Dora even though they can't understand everything).

It is geared to teach some Hebrew (and about Israel and chagim) to English speakers, but I think your kids could follow if they watch English-language Barney and Dora. They will be familiar with the themes. People are using some Ivrit and the scenerios are simple.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 10:04 am
Isramom8 wrote:
chanchy123 wrote:

It is geared to teach some Hebrew (and about Israel and chagim) to English speakers, but I think your kids could follow if they watch English-language Barney and Dora. They will be familiar with the themes. People are using some Ivrit and the scenerios are simple.

I found the website with some short clips from the DVDs I'll show them to the kids and see if they are interested. I'd really like them improving their English skills.

immarudy

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 3:57 pm
where in israel can I buy these?

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 4:02 pm
immarudy wrote:

Nowhere that I know of. I ordered on Ebay.
Why no play this year by the way? Smile

immarudy

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 2:39 am
Isramom8 wrote:
immarudy wrote:

well, the people in charge really needed a break. these plays are so involved, and take so much work. but they are working on the show for next year! haven't decided if I am gonna audition yet....

glad to have a chance to promote my cd though, and started working on my next one! know any songwriters out there who might want to work with me? hey, I should post that.....

Surprised)

snood

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:13 am
Isramom8 wrote:
I doubt the DVD would allow for copying, whether practically or legally. Maybe posting a few seconds would be okay, not sure.

Usually there is no problem with segments of a few minutes as opposed to putting up the whole show or dvd in which case they get taken down.

snood

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:14 am
Isramom8 wrote:
immarudy wrote:

I'm confused this is targeted towards Chutznikim? It's not the real Israel shalom sumsum?

Amore

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 9:14 am
http://www.shalomsesame.org/vi......html

Isramom8

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 3:49 am
immarudy wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
immarudy wrote:

well, the people in charge really needed a break. these plays are so involved, and take so much work. but they are working on the show for next year! haven't decided if I am gonna audition yet....

glad to have a chance to promote my cd though, and started working on my next one! know any songwriters out there who might want to work with me? hey, I should post that.....

Surprised)

I'd love to try to write a song that would be produced.
Have you seen my poems?
Click on WWW below.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 3:50 am
snood wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
immarudy wrote:

I'm confused this is targeted towards Chutznikim? It's not the real Israel shalom sumsum?

Right. It's to teach kids in chul about Israel and Jewish holidays.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:03 am
Screen shots from Mitzvah on the Street - Shalom Sesame 2011 Volume 5.
Picasa page

snood

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:43 am
Cute video with that Israeli kid & Thanks for explaining.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:52 am
I really want to get the DVDs my kids loved the clips on the website and I would really love for them to have shows in English they could relate to (with enough Hebrew and concepts they understand from their daily life). Anyhow, it would be $$ to get all the DVD's so which two should I choose?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics