Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Whats the biggest monetary damage your kids have cost you..
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:00 am

Here!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:14 am
Ruchel, it doesn't look like damage, just a mess and a big one at that especially for such a little girl.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:16 am
hadasa wrote:
Flying my one-year-old son to Israel in a private plane when he was sick with acute bacterial laryngo-tracheitis. Ezer Mitziyon provided the paramedics who flew out to accompany us, but we had to borrow money for the plane, $14,000.

Sorry, off topic, but my ds asked me why we don't buy a plane that way we don't have to pay for a ticket every time we want LOL to fly and we can go whenever we want. Confused

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:20 am
It doesn't show the worse (writing on the leather couches and all).

Liba

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:41 am
My son cost me over a thousand dollars a month in formula for three years, unless we find someone to donate it and someone else to shelp it from the US to here it isn't covered by insurance here and without it he would never have made it to four years old.

$36,000 in formula in three years is insane.

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:40 am
Isramom8 wrote:
Wow. So it's not just our kids.

Forgrt mine - I'll write about other people's kids.

I know a kid who burned down his parents' home by lighting a menorah on a mattress early one morning. B"H everyone escaped.

When I was in elementary school - maybe 5th or 6th grade,a classmate's sibling burned down their house.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:50 am
tikva18 wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:
Wow. So it's not just our kids.

Forgrt mine - I'll write about other people's kids.

I know a kid who burned down his parents' home by lighting a menorah on a mattress early one morning. B"H everyone escaped.

When I was in elementary school - maybe 5th or 6th grade,a classmate's sibling burned down their house.

My sister flooded the house, does that count? :-)

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:28 pm
Ruchel wrote:

Here!

I can match pictures - hands down - from what my twins have done. I won't bore you with all - here's just one.
The perpetrators Smile

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:53 pm
hadasa wrote:
Flying my one-year-old son to Israel in a private plane when he was sick with acute bacterial laryngo-tracheitis. Ezer Mitziyon provided the paramedics who flew out to accompany us, but we had to borrow money for the plane, $14,000.

My DD fell and had a concussion a few years ago.....the medivac from Lakewood to Phili (about 1/2 hour flight) was over 15K. B"H Insurance covered most of it. But that whole incident put us out a couple of grand. B"H DD fully recovered.

Tikva, I think we should share wall-art....DD thinks paper is just plain boring...She colored our black leather couch with Crayola neon explosion markers, and I can't get it out. Fortunately it's just one small area....

(years ago, my now-grown-up nieces took pens to my sister's floral couch and completely destroyed the aesthetics, necessitating a new couch....)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:55 pm
DD killed the walls in her room LOL. Writings everywhere, but it's old paper.
Also she dug a hole (!) in the wall in the corridor...

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 12:56 pm
Chayalle wrote:
hadasa wrote:

My DD fell and had a concussion a few years ago.....the medivac from Lakewood to Phili (about 1/2 hour flight) was over 15K. B"H Insurance covered most of it. But that whole incident put us out a couple of grand. B"H DD fully recovered.

Tikva, I think we should share wall-art....DD thinks paper is just plain boring...She colored our black leather couch with Crayola neon explosion markers, and I can't get it out. Fortunately it's just one small area....

(years ago, my now-grown-up nieces took pens to my sister's floral couch and completely destroyed the aesthetics, necessitating a new couch....)

Smile It's still there and that happened about a year ago. I couldn't get it out - as they didn't use washable markers - and yes, I've tried everything from Mr. Clean Eraser (toxic nastiness) to hair spray, to wd-40 etc.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 1:05 pm
Tikva, with faces like that, of course they can get away with murder :-)

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 1:25 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
Tikva, with faces like that, of course they can get away with murder :-)

heaven help us all Smile Thank you, knaina hara - I'll keep them - even with the havoc that they've wrought. Watch out or I'll start posting pictures of them...

Raisin

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 2:19 pm
we just bought a new laptop today and paid an extra €150 for damage cover for the next 3 years becasue we are so sure it will get damaged by one of the kids.

Health is a Virture

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 3:33 pm
amother wrote:
dunking my dh's shtreimel in the toilet bowl.

for some reason the thought of this just has me in hysterics.

tikva18

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:53 pm
Health is a Virture wrote:
amother wrote:
dunking my dh's shtreimel in the toilet bowl.

for some reason the thought of this just has me in hysterics.

like in the sick kindof throwing up way? like, what if that were your sheitl?
blech - so sorry that happened.

skymile

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 4:59 pm
I don't have any kids, but when my brother and I where younger we used to go to neighbors and say that my parents needed to borrow money. we took the cash and got nosh, gum, etc... Smile
when our parents found out boy did we get it...

mirror

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 7:49 pm
Liba wrote:
My son cost me over a thousand dollars a month in formula for three years, unless we find someone to donate it and someone else to shelp it from the US to here it isn't covered by insurance here and without it he would never have made it to four years old.

$36,000 in formula in three years is insane.

I have a friend who wrote to the company that she couldn't afford it, and they gave her a lot for free.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:16 pm
Raisin wrote:
we just bought a new laptop today and paid an extra €150 for damage cover for the next 3 years becasue we are so sure it will get damaged by one of the kids.

I only buy electronics with warranties. My kids dunk my new camera in the pool (never getting a staples warranty again - they don't stand behind it). Wash my phones in the sink, toilet, bathtub (Best Buy has the best protection plan, hands down)

Chipped my glass kitchen table (I was able to turn it agains the wall so right now its still okay)

colored on my leather couch (its fading)

Shattered the glass top on my dining room table (waiting to borrow a van to take the remenants to the glass cutter so he can recut)

Thats all I can think of for now.

I think a amother before mentioned their son breaks everything. don't know if this helps but I have a friend whose son put his hand through her walls every time he was upset. Her front hall way, living room, and dining room looked like swiss cheese. She put up a thick bead board over her entire lower portion of her walls and he couldn't get his hand through. It was cheaper then patching the holes and they were able to do it themselves.

losingweight

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 10:28 pm
ds took the stick blender to my leather couch arm. The hole will have to stay. Same son got 6 pair sof glasses in less than 2 years.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics