Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Blood in 7 month old dd's stool

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:04 pm
any idea what this could be? I'm still waiting for my ped to call me back.

mommy7

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:08 pm
I found the same thing in my baby's diaper - bright red blood. Turned out my baby had milk intolerance. I had had an extremely dairy-filled week, complete with Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella, milkshake, ricotta cheese, etc and since I was nursing, he got it all.

When I eased up on the dairy, I never had a problem again. And since then, I've been trying dairy in much smaller increments and he is fine.

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:55 am
I was going to say what mommy7 said - that when one of my baby's had it, it was from a milk allergy.
It can also be from a small cut. My 7 year old son just had that - ask your dr. to check it for you. That's treated with creams and in my son's case stool softeners - though I doubt that's relevant for a little baby.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:48 pm
It can be a food allergy. thats how my son has reacted to foods in the past, it can also be something else, like constipation.

Merrymom

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:55 pm
The same thing happened to me. They said it can come from either constipation or a diaper rash.

gumdrop

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:11 am
I once had it when my kid was on a certain medication. I don't remember which one. Is he on antibiotics?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:19 am
have you changed what your child eats lately?

my daughter was a bottle baby and from the beginning it was always difficult for her to make a b.m. we changed her formula and then it was much easier for her to make.

sorry if this is tmi questions, but is the bm hard or soft when you see the blood? if it is hard then it can be that something that he is eating is making it too difficult to push out the bm.

signed, a mother whos baby almost stopped breathing from pushing out a bm before we switched her formula.

drumjj

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 2:03 am
my daughter had it all the time because she found it extremely hard to go to the toilet. she split her back passage all the time. I would check although this sounds horrible if the blood is just on the outside or really in the middle of the bowel movement. on the outside its very possible its from the back passage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics