Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Questions about a store in the house...

gumdrop

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 9:41 pm
I have a small store at home with some hours and the rest is by appt. I want to know your opinion or ideas if I have to be out at the time I have hours. What should I do?

Is it terrible if they come and nobody is here?

Another question: How do you feel about shopping in stores at home? Do you avoid it bc you feel obligated to buy if you made an appt.?

Do you like that you can come at your convenience?

I would love to know what others do or feel in this situation.

TIA

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 9:48 pm
In our OOT city many of the frum business are home business where it is necessary to call first (a few have some limited set hours). I don't shop at them unless there's something I need that I can't get elsewhere because I like to be able to just walk in to a store at my convenience and look around. I don't want to have to call first.

I'm more likely to save up these kinds of errands and to them when I'm in the NY area and can just walk into the stores.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 10:05 pm
If a store has set hours and no one is there I would be pretty annoyed, could you get someone to cover for you?

I prefer to shop at "walk in" stores so that I don't feel lile I wasted the sales lady's time if I make an appt. and don't but anything, but I'm not a big shopper as it is so I'm not sure my opinion should carry too much weight.

gumdrop

Post Sat, Feb 26 2011, 11:56 pm
bump

yummydd

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:10 am
If you have hours, you should be there. Its not fair to make people come out and find it closed. Could you maybe leave a note for them to knock into a neighbour which can serve them?

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:33 am
If I went to a store that was supposed to be open but wasn't, I would most likely never go again.

I dont think I'd make an appt either unless I was desperate.

MeadowsLane

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 12:40 am
If you have limited set hours then you definitely need to be there. I am one of those people who feels uncomfortable not buying if I've made an appointment. I probably wont return to your store if I felt I've wasted your time waiting on me once.

Kayza

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 10:58 am
gumdrop wrote:
I want to know your opinion or ideas if I have to be out at the time I have hours. What should I do?

Unless it is a TRUE emergency, you don't leave the store.
Quote:

Is it terrible if they come and nobody is here?

You have almost certainly lost that customer, and you simply don't know who else will not come by. Word of mouth can really get you.

gumdrop

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:34 am
Thanks for your response. So far I'm going to try to be home for that time if not I might have a sibling cover for me.

But I want pple out there to know you don't have to feel obligated to buy just bc you made an appt. I feel terrible that so many pple feel this way. If I'm home anyway and you come over who cares, the same is in a store off the street. You ask her to take out things and questions about the product and then you don't buy. You shoul feel the same way.

I hope this will make pple more comfortable coming over at their convenience.

gumdrop

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:41 am
Thank you for you input. So far I'm trying to work out something to be able to be there those hours otherwise a sibling will cover for me.

I feel terrible the way pple avoid coming to a store at home. You don't have to feel obligated just because you called ahead of time that you are coming. I know and I'm sure others in my situation agree that you can decide not to buy just like a storefront.

If I'm home and available I don't care if you don't make a purchase. Just like a storefront when you walk in and ask her prices or questions about products and then walk out emptyhanded.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers