Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I HATE CLEANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 5:58 pm
As a single, not that long ago, I was a really spoiled JAP. I barely made my bed. Now, I'm married almost a year, the housework never ends. I cant stand it. I can't believe I'll be scrubbing pots and ironing shirts all the time now. Twisted Evil Does it get any easier!?

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 6:01 pm
No. I can say the same. I absolutely hate it. I love when the house is clean but I hate doing it. If you can afford a cleaning lady, go for it. And as much as I hated it as a newlywed, I hate it even more now because 10 minutes after I cleaned and put away and washed and swept the floor my toddler, the one man wrecking crew, has destroyed it all. I can't even start cleaning unless washing dishes until he goes to sleep. So I live in mess during the day.

gem

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 6:17 pm
I was thinking this just the other day! I love having a clean house. But I hate getting it that way! A few weeks ago I actually sat down and tried to make a schedule for myself to keep the cleaning a little bit more manageable. I don't like needing to clean the whole house at once (the several hours once a week method). But it seems more tolerable if I spend just around an hour a day cleaning. I'm pregnant with my first right now, so we'll see how it goes...or if about a year or 18 months from now I might be totally frustrated with my cleaning schedule! I have a feeling a clean house with a small child is totally different from anything I know right now!

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 6:23 pm
me too. and it never stays clean long enough to feel like I did something worthwhile

amother

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:07 pm
Ditto, except I have an eight person wrecking crew!

mama-star

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:15 pm
you know I was gonna say I hate cleaning too, but I have never ironed shirts! so yasher koach, what an eishes chayil you are. may every crease you iron earn you z'char! LOL Hug

morah

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:37 pm
I hate cleaning. We have weekly cleaning help. We do without other things we want because we'd rather not have to clean the house. Worth every penny.

Happy18

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 9:58 pm
I also hate cleaning! I used to iron shirts but I am slowly replacing all of the non dry clean only shirts with NO IRON shirts.
I love these shirts!!!!!!!
Right now I'm dreaming of a dishwasher, washing machine and a second sink.

MeadowsLane

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 10:50 am
I've always hated cleaning. Just push myself to do it because I like a clean house.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 11:02 am
I actually find ironing to be rather relaxing (the steam, the smell of fresh laundry and lemony starch, the repetitive motions... it's a chance to turn my brain off while still feeling productive), but I don't have time for such luxuries as ironing, as somehow dishes pile up and the floor is NEVER EVER EVER clean, and the counters are sticky and the stovetop is covered in grime and burnt matchsticks (the pilot doesn't work, and I have to light it with a match every time), and DS is sticking crackers down the couch crack, and DH wears 3 different pairs of shoes every day, all of which end up in the living room...

nope, dear sweet OP, it never ends. Twisted Evil it only gets worse.

shevi82

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
As a single, not that long ago, I was a really spoiled JAP. I barely made my bed. Now, I'm married almost a year, the housework never ends. I cant stand it. I can't believe I'll be scrubbing pots and ironing shirts all the time now. Twisted Evil Does it get any easier!?

No it gets harder. Wink
I also hate cleaning, that's why I really try to not let things build up and then I end up working harder.
Like last week I had to iron for 3 hours because I didn't iron for a month and I had a huge pile, so I really try ironing once a week not once a month.

ray family

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 1:14 pm
before I got married I LOVED cleaning. would walk into pples houses and just take over (in fact I still do this when I go into my friend's houses)
my own home is another story. I absolutely despise cleaning.
its all day every day- cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, ironing, straightening up. it never ends and two minutes after I finish it's a wreck again.
I really should be cleaning now but I'm done for the day.
.... and then comes shabbos prep. G-d help me.

sorry for the vent. needed to get that out!

grace413

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 1:14 pm
I also hate cleaning. Always have, always will.

At the moment my kids are the age where they can actually do some chores so that helps a bit (yes, they also make a mess).

It's just part of life that has to be coped with. Best coped with by getting a cleaning person if you can.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 1:17 pm
I don't know if it gets worse. I think it reaches a point and stays there. In some ways it gets easier as the kids get older and less likely to stick stuff in the couch cracks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics