Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I hate making pesach

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:37 pm
There I said it. I don't want to make pesach its too much stress, too much to clean even very basic, I hate the turning over, hate shopping for pesach and paying thousands of dollars we don't have and then spending a full week cooking non stop

I've had a horrible year with medical problems and I don't have the head for it I want to just not think about it and drown my head in my pillow

I'm crying non stop why do we have to do this I just can't

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:44 pm
Hugs!
Do minimum possible
Sell as much as you can
Is there anything you can outsource?
Teenagers (even boys) that will clean for less than a cleaning lady
Where I live there are places that send cooked food
Do they have that in your area

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:02 pm
Ya if I could afford to order my whole yt ready cooked then this is the year I'd do it. Also had a medical diagnosis recently and I just don't have the same energy like I used to. It's really hard, I feel for you. I cried a lot too this evening. Sometimes it's good to let it all out. Hugs.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:04 pm
I have a chronic pain condition and there have been pesachs that I was not doing well. I got over myself and I take help with the cooking from bikkur cholim. If that's an option for you, you should consider taking it. I hope your medical problems get much better.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:09 pm
Any day is hard when we are not well. Add the pressure from Pesach and it's triple. OP can you get food from the Bikkur Cholim? Big pot of soup with vegies, Meat. Simple and good. Yes it costs, but it will pass and Hashem should send you a big Refua. Hug

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:03 pm
I feel for you.
I hate it also.
One year I was expecting and due the first day of Pesach. I had a lot of little kids the oldest was 6 and was expecting #4.
My husband is not a helper and I had no cleaning help it was all on me
I got sick and was induced a week early. Spent the week before Pesach in the hospital very sick and almost dying.
Came home the day of the seder with IV abx with strict orders to be a guest and not lift a finger.
I said sure but of course I didn't.
Plus I had to elderly relatives with us for Pesach one was sick and very weak and the other had terminal cancer and was on her deathbed and she died two days after Pesach.
I told myself if I was able to get through that Pesach I could do anything.
I still hate Pesach but always remind myself that I'll get through it.
If its not perfect so be it just so as long as my kitchen is clean and safe I have kidney to pay for everything.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:07 pm
I love Pesach. I don't love making it, but I enjoy the Yom Tov itself, even though it's a lot of work.

But this year, we have no money. If we do get money, it will go to the utility bills so we don't get shut off, not to buy my usual Pesach items.

I made myself a "just-in-case" shopping list with only the bare basics, no variety like we usually have, and estimated costs. It will still be $2,000 or so, and it's very depressing.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Clear wrote:
I love Pesach. I don't love making it, but I enjoy the Yom Tov itself, even though it's a lot of work.

But this year, we have no money. If we do get money, it will go to the utility bills so we don't get shut off, not to buy my usual Pesach items.

I made myself a "just-in-case" shopping list with only the bare basics, no variety like we usually have, and estimated costs. It will still be $2,000 or so, and it's very depressing.

Can you not get food from an organisation? It's really hard! We still need to eat, but it's almost impossible. My daughter was asking for the crisps I bought already but we need to rashion it to 1 packet a day , on Pesach only because they're so expensive!!

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:42 am
I hate the stress of Pesach. The endless expenses, my husband not helping, kids making a mess and I am sitting here now on the couch in pain from trying to make pesach, as my help couldn't come today. People told me when my kids get older and come home for yom tov I will start to like it. I am at this stage now and I would like it if it wasn't that they come home to stress and cooking and cleaning. Sometimes I question how could Hashem want us to live like this.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 1:35 am
I feel so sad saying this but I try hard to tolerate pesach and can't wait for it to be over. I work like a hoarse. I do the bare minimum but still work my tail off. No money. We're in debt already, now buying food for pesach puts us even deeper in the hole. I try very very super hard to give over the message that I love pesach to my kids. I put loud music on so I'm singing all the time. Bh seems my kids are loving this yt. My feelings are not rubbing off on them. But I'm bone tired and can't wait for it to be over

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 9:01 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
I feel so sad saying this but I try hard to tolerate pesach and can't wait for it to be over. I work like a hoarse. I do the bare minimum but still work my tail off. No money. We're in debt already, now buying food for pesach puts us even deeper in the hole. I try very very super hard to give over the message that I love pesach to my kids. I put loud music on so I'm singing all the time. Bh seems my kids are loving this yt. My feelings are not rubbing off on them. But I'm bone tired and can't wait for it to be over

It's good that your kids are loving it despite your feelings. You're lucky! BH. You're doing your best. It's really really hard!
My Dh is in work most of today, I'm struggling.. It's 2pm here and I'm constantly feeding hungry kids, or preparing food for their next meal. It's draining. And dh hasn't even thought to ask how I'm getting on. I've bathed all the kids etc. It's constant hard work, and we need encouragement and praise!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics