Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Can You think of Anyone who needs a Shidduch?

shevi82

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:21 pm
I received this to my email, I'm sure many of you would be interested.

PURIM 5771

Can you think of at least one person who needs a shidduch?
If you answered yes,
you should continue to read this e-mail.

Year after year, thousands upon thousands have joined from across the world to help their fellow Jew…

This year you too can do the same!

We have spanned the globe in ways we never imagined and this year we hope to only surpass our previous efforts!

We urge you to join us in what we hope will be our biggest “gathering” yet!
Purim has a koach of tefillah like no other day in the Jewish calendar;
even our Day of Judgment is called Yom HaKippurim (LIKE Purim).
We cannot fathom the power of each and everyone of our tefillos and it is with this in mind that we urge you to join us in achdus this Purim
to possibly make a difference in the lives of those you love.

This Purim we are once again trying, as members of Klal Yisroel, to help one another find their b’sheret, one perek of Tehillim at a time. We are trying to complete Sefer Tehillim as many times as possible as a z'chus for shidduchim for all those in need. On Purim day at 10:00am Eastern Daylight Saving Time (UTC -4h), we ask that you recite the perek/perakim of Tehillim that you have been assigned and have in mind the name(s) that you are davening for. It can be yourself, your sibling, a friend, classmate, co-worker, WHOEVER. The idea is that you’re focusing on that person. At 10:00am we are going to read off all the names we have compiled and finish Sefer Tehillim one last time. Our hope is that by davening for one another Hakodosh Baruch Hu will see our efforts and in turn answer our tefillos b’shah tova, b’karov.

So what is it that you have to do exactly?

Go to http://www.worldwidetehillim.com/default.aspx

1. Type the Hebrew name (Person’s name, son (ben)/daughter (bas) of, Mother’s name. For example: Dovid Yitzchok ben Sara Malka) of the person you are davening for and the required information. For each name you submit to us you commit to say a perek of Tehillim accordingly. Your perek will immediately be confirmed in the grey box at the top of the page once you hit submit. Please leave yourself a separate reminder so that you do not forget to say your perek/perakim of tehillim.
2. At 10:00am Eastern Daylight Saving Time (UTC -4h) on Purim Day, Sunday, March 20, 2010/ 14 Adar 5771 say the perek/perakim you’ve been assigned.
3. Send this E-mail to all those you know!

TIZKU L’MITZVOS!
MAY ALL YOUR TEFILLOS BE ANSWERED L’TOVA!!
WISHING YOU AND YOURS A FREILICHEN PURIM!
-PURIM 5771

myself

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:40 pm
Thanks for spreading the word. Tizku L'Mitzvos!

justcallmeima

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 9:50 pm
Thank you for this. I just signed up and sent out the email to as many people as I could think of who might be interested in participating. Tizku lemitzvos.

A short inspiring story: A young woman was living in Yerushalayim. She was 25 and had been looking for a shidduch for a while. She heard that it was a segula to go to the kotel every day for 40 days in a row to say Tehillim. With some mesirus nefesh she went every single morning to the kotel to say Tehillim for 40 days in a row. The next day, upon the conclusion of the 40 days, her father called her to tell her that after being divorced for a year and a half, he got engaged! The girl is now my step daughter of course. She is still looking for a shidduch. I wish my powers of tefillah were as strong as hers!

shevi82

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 3:01 am
That's a beautiful story. May she find her zivug soon!
I also have a few people close to me who are need a shidduch (age 26,27) and I know it's not an easy place to be in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed