Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken stir fry W/O soy sauce

cutegal

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 12:25 pm
anyone have a tasty chicken stir fry without soy sauce? I'm looking for a change from my old soy sauce, honey, garlic mixture and I dont want just plain spices either. I'd like a good sauce that I can use with the chicken and broccoli.

Thanks!!

caligirl

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 1:16 pm
never tried this recipe, but I think its from the Balabusta's Choice

Chicken & Broccoli Dijon
½ cup chicken broth or water
1 tblsp. Soy sauce
Mix together and set aside
4 cups broccoli florets
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tblsp. Vegetable oil
Cook and stir broccoli and garlic in large skillet over medium hit heat. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Cut 1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips. Cook and stir chicken in the same skillet for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in 1/3 cup Dijon mustard until well blended. Return broccoli to pan and cook until heated thoroughly, stirring occasionally.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 1:21 pm
* dilute 2 teasp parve chicken soup powder with 1/4 cup hot water. Add chopped salad onion (scallion) and a bit of grated fresh ginger. It's light and refreshing. Goes nicely with chicken, broccoli, mangetout (snowpeas), courgettes etc.

* squeeze 1/2 fresh orange. add salt & pepper, a bit of honey. Add chili pepper flakes if you want it spicy.

* dilute 1 tbsp tehini with 2tbsp hot water. Season with salt, add chopped garlic. This one is on a bit rich side, will taste a bit like sesame chicken.

* or do a dry, Schezun style stir-fry: salt, pepper, and harissa

runninglate

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 4:01 pm
thank you caligirl. I tried this recipe tonight. It was simple and very tasty. It does have soy sauce though.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Jul 12 2011, 8:32 am
Bumping this up because I am looking for a chicken/vegetable stir fry recipe without soy/teriyaki sauce... anyone have one to share?
TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey