Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
OMG it's gone!!!
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 12:14 pm
There are those who hold that the ketuba shouldn't be in the hands of the chattan's family. So the kallah's mom holding onto it makes perfect sense.

I thought I had left mine with some gift items at my parents' house after my wedding. But I couldn't locate it when I tried to find it. It seems to happen to many people. There is a standard document you can get at most Judaica stores. DH's friend had one for us. We got 2 eidim from a nearby yeshiva. And all's well that ends well! Now I keep it in my bureau drawer.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 2:13 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
CHUCKLE, Kitov... I guess with a family size like yours you need that card... I know our birthdays by heart (and dh's and my social security numbers, too.)

It's a family tradition, nothing to do with family size. It's quite funny the way we wrote it on the back of a tea party (tei uvent...) card, and it's cute reading it over again and again.

You really thought I have 25 kids, wow! FTR, my family's not that large.

kitov

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
CHUCKLE, Kitov... I guess with a family size like yours you need that card... I know our birthdays by heart (and dh's and my social security numbers, too.)

It's a family tradition, nothing to do with family size. It's quite funny the way we wrote it on the back of a tea party (tei uvent...) card, and it's cute reading it over again and again.

You really thought I have 25 kids, wow! FTR, my family's not that large.

sorry, not meant to be anon.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 4:24 pm
not 25 kids... but even 18 birthdays is hard to remember. I only have 4 so far to remember (2 for each kid). I do know dh and mine's too, and our s.s. #s by heart too.

kitov

Post Sun, Apr 03 2011, 4:37 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
not 25 kids... but even 18 birthdays is hard to remember. I only have 4 so far to remember (2 for each kid). I do know dh and mine's too, and our s.s. #s by heart too.

As a matter of fact, I do remember all birthdays, hebrew and secular (and no--it's not 18, but bezh one day, we might have so many hebrew and secular b'days to count), the day of the week and time they were all born. There are some things in life you never forget. I even remember in which hospital room each child was born in...Recording it is just that, family tradition.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions