Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
OMG - AMI story making fun of Imamother!!
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:02 pm
Riva Pomerantz wrote a story in the AMi Collection poking fun at Imamother! It's hilarious! basically a whole thread of posts that quickly gets derailed. hysterical.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:03 pm
Show us a pic!!!

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:03 pm
Can you take a picture for those of us who don’t buy Ami?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:04 pm
Too compliacted for me but hopefully someone will be able to do it.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:09 pm
Makes sense, I know she has an account here... I don't remember her screen name
Reminds me of the FS incident

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:33 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Makes sense, I know she has an account here... I don't remember her screen name
Reminds me of the FS incident

How is it like the FS incident? It’s not like she made an account saying she’s one thing but she’s really riva. As far as I know she was straight up about who she is.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:34 pm
I’d love to see it if anyone can post a picture!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:42 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
How is it like the FS incident? It’s not like she made an account saying she’s one thing but she’s really riva. As far as I know she was straight up about who she is.

It still feels a little dishonest to me.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 8:45 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
It still feels a little dishonest to me.

To me too. Doesn’t feel right. I’ll reserve judgement til I see it but something here doesn’t sit well with me.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 9:05 pm
Post a pic for us to see

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 9:26 pm
I skimmed through it. Was funny. It’s a none hurtful mockery of what goes on here. Dh, people yelling abuse, naiveness….

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 9:52 pm
I'd be really interested to read it!

marvinkay

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:30 pm
I just read it… it’s hilarious! And unfortunately totally realistic! It sounded exactly like these threads and I think we should all learn from the outcome. It’s one thing to give advice when someone ask where to go for chol ha moed trip. But when people post about really important or sensitive or personal things…. Everyone should remember they don’t really know the full picture! And some posters are very quick to jump to rash conclusions.
Just my 2 cents!

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:50 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
To me too. Doesn’t feel right. I’ll reserve judgement til I see it but something here doesn’t sit well with me.

It’s called satire. Your reaction is not an uncommon one.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:07 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
It’s called satire. Your reaction is not an uncommon one.

I know what satire is. I’m just not sure I have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy seeing us satirized.
Women come here and spill their guts about the most personal struggles. The thought of someone peering over our shoulders as we hand over the keys to our hearts and our deepest thoughts and feelings so they can turn us into caricatures in an imamother parody makes me cringe big time.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 1:50 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
I know what satire is. I’m just not sure I have enough of a sense of humor to enjoy seeing us satirized.
Women come here and spill their guts about the most personal struggles. The thought of someone peering over our shoulders as we hand over the keys to our hearts and our deepest thoughts and feelings so they can turn us into caricatures in an imamother parody makes me cringe big time.

Yes women come here and spill their guts… to the whole World Wide Web. Most ami readers are probably on here as well. So who exactly is the someone peering over your shoulder… maybe people should not post their guts and most personal struggles on open Internet forums?

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:11 am
To those that want to read it but won't buy the magazine, it's not right especially while it's the current issue. I don't think anyone should post it until after YT.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:18 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
To those that want to read it but won't buy the magazine, it's not right especially while it's the current issue. I don't think anyone should post it until after YT.
There are those of us who live in places where none of these frum magazines are sold.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:26 am
amother Winterberry wrote:

Why? I beshita never plan to buy or support Ami , they aren’t losing money by someone posting an article in a magazine. If anything it might make people buy it.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 4:08 am
Omg I love it. So true.
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room