Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mother in Passaic Needs Help Desperately b4 Pesach

amother

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 9:53 am
If you know of any organizations that could really help the mother described in the letter below, please write to tdruttenberg@gmail.com as soon as possible. Thank you:

Hi Everyone,

I have a good friend in Passaic who is in a rather dire situation and in need of a hand. I'm trying to get her some financial help, cooking help, cleaning help, emotional help, etc. She is not one to reach out. (I mean how does someone really do that anyway when they are dealing with many taxing issues at once?)

Two of her kids have a chronic debilitating disease and the 3rd was just diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome, and has pretty much lost use of her left leg. It was caught early, but if not handled quickly could become fatal. This is devastating news in itself, but she is also trying to move out of her house to get away from her longtime emotionally abusive husband.

And Pesach is around the corner!

Here in Baltimore we have organizations to help people dealing with illness in the family and people who are in need of money. She could really use some cleaning help and some cooking help at the very least. Are there chessed organizations in Passaic that could help her out? I'm not in a position to drop everything and go up there to help. Do any of you know anyone in Passaic whom I could contact on her behalf? I've checked luach and didn't really come up with anything.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.
Have a chag kasher v'sameach.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 11:20 am
May I post this on a list I'm on? It is a chesed list. PLMK soonest.

yummymummy

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 1:22 pm
please call Somaich Achim (973) 777-7638

http://www.jfsclifton.com/node/16

DGott

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 7:34 pm
you could also try TOMCHEI SHABBOS / HAND-IN-HAND (973) 773-5090 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (973) 773-5090      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Project S.A.R.A.H.

A domestic abuse project funded by the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety — Stop the Violence Against Women Grants Program in conjunction with Passaic County Women’s Center, the Jewish Family Service division of the Jewish Federation of Greater Clifton/Passaic and the Association of Jewish Family Service Agencies of New Jersey.

199 Scoles Avenue, Clifton
973­-777-7638
fax: 973­-777-9311

and our local Jewish Family Service

Services include community-based geriatric services, family counseling, crisis intervention, case management, child-centered mental health services, school consultations and domestic violence services.

973­-777-7638

amother

Post Thu, Apr 14 2011, 9:41 pm
I live in Passaic and as stated above, Somaich achim is exactly the organization that deals with complicated situations like you listed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics