Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Matza Chocolate Pudding Pie/Mousse

RachaelLeah

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 6:17 am
I'm looking for a good chocolate pudding/mousse-type recipe. My Russian meighbor was telling me how she makes a matza pudding pie, she puts sheets of matza on the bottom and puts chocolate pudding on top, anyone do something like this? Refridgerated or frozen? Any ideas or inspiration? Thank you!

lilacdreams

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 7:40 am
this is how I make chocolate mousse.....get a pen and paper ready - its really hard and complicated:

2 riches whips - whipped up.
1 packet of chocolate chips, plus 50g of baking choclate - you can add more if you like it more chocolaty - melted.

mix the two together thoroughly - refridgerate or freeze. I poured mine over fruit salad in little plastic cups - looked really nice and was very tasty! See - wasn't that hard?!!

RachaelLeah

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 9:50 am
Sounds yummy and easy!!
Can I do the same with milk? or cream? or a mixture of the two? Forgot to mention I'm looking to make it milchig.
How many oz are your choc. chips?

lilacdreams

Post Wed, Apr 20 2011, 10:56 am
the bag is 300g or 10.5ozs
I have never tried it with cream - I just made up the recipe years ago with what I had, it tasted good so never changed it! Try it, let us know! By the way I whip up the whip so it is has volume, and is still smooth (like mousse) but not till stiff peaks. The amount of chocolate I use makes it a light brown color, not a very dark chocolate. That is why I said you can always add more chocolate if you ar enot happy with the color. If you dont have choc chips you can use regular baking choc, but add a little sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics