Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
HELP, e/t is going down the drain!

itsmebas

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 8:10 pm
I need some advice on how to deal with my 3 1/2 yr old son, he hashem such a thrill in flushing things down the toilet. anything goes, from his favorite toys to and entire box of tissues or the washcloth when I turn my head while hess in the bath. generally, hess a fairly normally behaved boy, meaning to say that he does listen (some of the time Smile and doesnt havej major behavioral issues. when I gind him with something in the toilet, I make him tske it out snd throw it in the garbage, which he doesnt like getting his hands wet and loosing his toys if thats what it is, but this hasnt been enough to teach h im th ej lesson bc hess still doing it. any ideas?

Barbara

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 8:34 pm
(1) Get a hook and eye closure for the bathroom door, too high for him to reach, so he cannot get into the bathroom on his own. I know this is a PITA when he needs to go, but it will keep him from wandering in to flush.

(2) Get a toilet lid lock. Ditto.

itsmebas

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 10:16 pm
Thanks, I have thought of that but it usually happens when he is actually using the bathroom. Is the only solution for me to babysit him every time he goes or could there be some way to teach him, bc my older daughter always wanted me in the bathroom with her for company and it took a long while until I weaned her from it so I don't want to create a new habit.

cip

Post Mon, May 02 2011, 10:36 pm
when he's using the bathroom, remove all toys and stuff he can flush

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 9:16 am
Does this happen when he is using the toilet or just the bathroom in general - sink, tub, etc? B/c as long as he is not usign the toilet, you can sit on it. I don't know how long a toilet lid lock will last with a kid that age... I guess it can't hurt to try though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers