Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Clear Cream Recall
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

willow

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:25 am
I am really angry right now what right do they have to label it as all natural.Don't give me that bogus about it being all natural if it is a steroid; meth and weed is natural if you use that argument.

preempservices

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:38 am
thanks for posting. I stopped using because it worked too well - I was sure there were steroids. I haven't thrown it out - barring new info, I would use it occasionally - treating like a better (stronger) steroid than my prescription westcort.
Ladies treat it like what it is!

willow

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:39 am
It really is a shame because when I put it on my son he got all calmed and I would massage it gently on his cheeks (those were the spots that would get all red and patchy/scaly) I wonder why the health food stores don't know about the recall I am going to tell mine.

allrgymama

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:50 am
Baby Aveeno makes a product called Eczema Moisture Therapy which has done miracles for DD's eczema.

It's far cheaper and actually is steroid-free.

-- I will issue a disclaimer and say that because DD's eczema is food-related and we avoid the foods she's allergic to, we've never had one of those 'bloody-scratching' episodes. So I don't have any experience in how it would work in that kind of a situation. But for $5 a tube, it's a much cheaper investment to find out (and still use it as a preventive measure or for minor flare ups) than spending $30 on 2 oz of something with steroids in it.

willow

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 4:55 am
allrgymama thank you I don't know if I can get it here. I live in Israel

allrgymama

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 5:42 am
@willow: it's fairly inexpensive. If you have family or friends in America, ask them to send you a tube or two to try out. Target sells it here, as does Shop-Rite. The Shop-Rite in Brooklyn sells a tube twice the size, but that's not under the Baby Aveeno label, just plain old Aveeno -- I've used both on DD without a problem.

And if you can't find anyone in America to do it for you, I'd be happy to.

willow

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 5:57 am
Thank you actually I did not even think of it I do have someone coming in two weeks.

rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 7:59 am
My 2-yr-old granddaughter has terrible eczema. I suggested to my dd to eliminate sugar from her dd's diet. Within 2 days the eczema began to disappear. Within a week she was totally clear. Then, she became lax about the sugar, and sure enough the eczema reappeared.
It's very hard for her to keep the sugar away, as the other kids are fine with the flavored yogurts, cookies, etc. and the 2-yr-old wants to eat those foods as well.

allrgymama

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 10:14 am
@rainbow: I'm curious, how was she eliminating sugar (assuming your grandaughter isn't just being handed spoons of it straight)? If it was being eliminated in things like cookies and cake, the eczema might be related to a food allergy that's in those foods (eggs, flour, etc).

Has that been considered?

amother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 10:59 am
Yes, this appears to be a bad actor, committing fraud on the public by deliberately misleading people as to the contents of a product.[/quote]

How about a class action lawsuit from all of us users, who were convinced this was an "all natural" product?

Queen18

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 11:46 am
You don't have a good case unless you can show damages. Can you or anyone else here point to specific damages caused by the product?

amother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 11:49 am
Queen18 wrote:
You don't have a good case unless you can show damages. Can you or anyone else here point to specific damages caused by the product?

I am not well versed in the legal world, but if we were purposely misled into believing this was natural, and if the maker/distributor did this deliberately, do we still not have a case?

gryp

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:05 pm
Doesn't it say homeopathic cream on it?

My son has bad eczema and I used it on him more than I want to remember, now that I know it's really steroids. According to natural medicine, when you use something to take away the symptoms (ie, the rash), it might disappear but it is really going deeper inside the body, making it worse than what it was at first.

Since my son couldn't sleep at night, I used the cream against my homeopath's instructions. I wish I had listened now, because the other symptoms he has which are interrelated to his eczema have worsened.

I know I'm just a nobody but I'm not taking this lightly. Actually, I'm so annoyed I'm pretending it doesn't exist until I'm ready to tackle it.

gryp

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 12:07 pm
rainbow wrote:
My 2-yr-old granddaughter has terrible eczema. I suggested to my dd to eliminate sugar from her dd's diet. Within 2 days the eczema began to disappear. Within a week she was totally clear. Then, she became lax about the sugar, and sure enough the eczema reappeared.
It's very hard for her to keep the sugar away, as the other kids are fine with the flavored yogurts, cookies, etc. and the 2-yr-old wants to eat those foods as well.

I'm almost certain my son is allergic to sugar as well. And carbohydrates too. Rolling Eyes

Shuly

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 1:13 pm
I'm confused about this whole thing. An (adult) family member of mine had a terrible rash on his arms. He went to dr's and dermatologists and nothing helped. He tried cortisone and other steroid creams to no avail. Then he tried Clear Cream and it disappeared in a week!
So what exactly is in it? The other ingredients must work stronger than the .0-whatever percent of steroids, no?

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 1:23 pm
Shuly wrote:
I'm confused about this whole thing. An (adult) family member of mine had a terrible rash on his arms. He went to dr's and dermatologists and nothing helped. He tried cortisone and other steroid creams to no avail. Then he tried Clear Cream and it disappeared in a week!
So what exactly is in it? The other ingredients must work stronger than the .0-whatever percent of steroids, no?

I would assume that particular person is responsive to another one of the active ingredients in Clear Cream, or the combination of the steroid and another ingredient. Other people respond well to the steroid on its own. It's not a matter of which ingredient is "stronger," the point is that people must be aware of all ingredients, particularly those with dangerous side effects.

miky72

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 4:51 pm
I do agree with all of you ladies that it is bad and dishonest the way he mislead the public.
BUT I did check the steroids cream OVER THE COUNTER and here in New York they are 1% or .5%.
So 0.037 % is really a small concentration in comparison.
I do not work for the company ;-) ,I just like to be realistic and not to panic over a product that is sold in Israel with the approval of the Health Ministry.

Barbara

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 5:26 pm
miky72 wrote:
I do agree with all of you ladies that it is bad and dishonest the way he mislead the public.
BUT I did check the steroids cream OVER THE COUNTER and here in New York they are 1% or .5%.
So 0.037 % is really a small concentration in comparison.
I do not work for the company ;-) ,I just like to be realistic and not to panic over a product that is sold in Israel with the approval of the Health Ministry.

The corticosteroid in Clear Cream is prescription only in the US, AIUI. It is also dispensed as .1%, not 1%. See http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/da.....=6789

miky72

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 5:53 pm
@ Barbara:I had a very long conversation with my Ped today and you can also check from this link:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medline......html
Hydrocortisone cream over the counter has 1% or 0.5% concentration.

rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 6:00 pm
allrgymama wrote:
@rainbow: I'm curious, how was she eliminating sugar (assuming your grandaughter isn't just being handed spoons of it straight)? If it was being eliminated in things like cookies and cake, the eczema might be related to a food allergy that's in those foods (eggs, flour, etc).

Has that been considered?

Indeed, my dd is considering it may be other ingredients. However, during the time she was avoiding sugar she did have eggs and matza. So it leads us to believe sugar is the culprit.
Often, a well-meaning bubby (not me) would give her a lollipop and within a few hours the itch returned...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics