Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo stroller
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cassandra

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 7:30 pm
yoyosma wrote:

I promised myself that with this baby I would get a stroller that has decent wheels that dont get caught in the many cracked sidewalks that make up my neighborhood, so a jogger it will be!

The wheels of my Perego Pliko work almost as well as my Valco. I was shocked, but it's true!

Ilana

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 4:53 pm
well, I have the mountain buggy and from what ive read people seem to like it. I dont think it is so great although has its good points. Ive had it a year and I think I may have paid about $400. a lot of things broke on it. like clips and front wheel. also there is a recall I just found out about on the handle. IT COULD FALL OFF!! it is too big and heave to fold and put in a car. Its comfortable for the baby though and my baby naps in it almost always. I for sure wouldnt buy it again, but im sure I will enjoy having it in the snow. it handles very well.

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 8:50 pm
Today I went out with my kimpeturin daughter to shop for the new baby - carriage and baby room furniture. Can you believe that the store proprietor told us that Bugaboo does NOT sell to any Jewish stores? We asked what this anti-semitic streak is all about and they couldn't explain it. Anybody know?

My daughter is very limited with hallway space that she shares with her neighbors and where she will have to park her carriage IY"H. For this reason, amongst some others Wink , she IS looking into the Bugaboo. Is it really so small and neat? Is it that much smaller and easier to push than the Rock Star carriage, which her best friend bought, and is about $300 cheaper than the Bugaboo? There is also a brand new carriage with this look, called the Microlite. We saw it at the Juvenile Furniture Store this afternoon; they got it only two days ago.
Any advice?

queen

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 9:08 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Can you believe that the store proprietor told us that Bugaboo does NOT sell to any Jewish stores?

The Jewish baby furniture store where I live DOES sell the Bugaboo stroller......

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 9:11 pm
queen wrote:
downsyndrome wrote:
Can you believe that the store proprietor told us that Bugaboo does NOT sell to any Jewish stores?

The Jewish baby furniture store where I live DOES sell the Bugaboo stroller......

So Queen Queen , will you please reveal to me in which community your palace is, so that we may come by and see the Bugaboo for ourselves?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 9:14 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Today I went out with my kimpeturin daughter to shop for the new baby - carriage and baby room furniture. Can you believe that the store proprietor told us that Bugaboo does NOT sell to any Jewish stores? We asked what this anti-semitic streak is all about and they couldn't explain it. Anybody know?
so then how is all of williamsburg FULL of the bugaboo stroller????

Did you try Childrens Place on Flushing?

There are a lot of bugaboo lookalikes, ,the Driver, Rockstar baby, Mountain Buggy, Valco, to name a few, they are all the size of the bugaboo. Ther'es also a smallish bebecar that is great. you have a lot of options!

yoyosma

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 9:37 pm
There is another stroller that looks really cool called the Uppa Baby. I want it. I am an obsessive stroller freak. If I could afford them, I probably would buy every stroller I like.

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 10:31 pm
Mindy wrote:
downsyndrome wrote:
so then how is all of williamsburg FULL of the bugaboo stroller????

Did you try Childrens Place on Flushing?

There are a lot of bugaboo lookalikes, ,the Driver, Rockstar baby, Mountain Buggy, Valco, to name a few, they are all the size of the bugaboo. Ther'es also a smallish bebecar that is great. you have a lot of options!

Beats me, Mindy! Yes, we were at the Children's Room on Flusing today; they happen to be my cousin. They are the ones who told us this about Jewish stores not being able to get the Bugaboos.
Well, by now we've continued our research on the net and all we have gotten to is more and more confusion. We really need to sleep over this tonight!

Blossom

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:24 pm
That's funny Downs, I know of two online Jewish store (one located in Flatbush and one in Boro Park) that sell the bugaboos. Of course I can't recall the website address now but if you have the Esra it should be in there.

redhot

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:32 pm
my friend has a baby store and they carry bugaboos.. so that story is inaccurate downs.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:00 am
downsyndrome wrote:

Beats me, Mindy! Yes, we were at the Children's Room on Flusing today; they happen to be my cousin. They are the ones who told us this about Jewish stores not being able to get the Bugaboos.
Well, by now we've continued our research on the net and all we have gotten to is more and more confusion. We really need to sleep over this tonight!
very odd! where is everyone buying their bugaboos in willy???

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 9:27 am
I just came in from the bus taking my little one to school. There too I was discussing the Bugaboo 'maaseh' with a neighbor, a young bubby. She also knew that the Willy stores don't sell and that the only Jewish store that DOES, in fact, sell the Bug.. out of their store (not on-line) is one in Flatbush. Weird...

queen

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:29 am
Can people please honestly tell me WHY THEY ARE BUYING BUGABOO STROLLERS??????????

They cost a BIG fortune.... and it's not like you can't get EXCELLENT strollers for a lot less.

I am really curious, and would like to hear from the grandmothers posting here that they are buying them for their daughters.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:44 am
bugaboo's are one baby strollers! You buy it for the first child and 18 months later they are useless....You need a double already. I really don't get why they are so in in frum circles. Where I live we call them Nanny Wagons....cuz you always see the nanny pushing them. (not that I have issues with nannies , after all some women need to work!)

If you want to get something more versitile, I would get a valco with the pram attacment....it can be converted to a twin with the addition of a toddler sear. definately more bang for your buck!

JMto2

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:52 am
I also can not understand why someone would spend on the bugaboo people say when the child is toddler age it is not comfortable for the child or if the child is more of a heavy/bigger child it is not either comfortable and for $1000 that is no bargain there are stunning carriages for half the price and much nicer.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:59 pm
its extremely lightweight and easy to push.

personally I bought the bebecar grand style and the mclren quest.

cindy324

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:41 pm
Quote:
Can people please honestly tell me WHY THEY ARE BUYING BUGABOO STROLLERS??????????

They cost a BIG fortune.... and it's not like you can't get EXCELLENT strollers for a lot less.

I am really curious, and would like to hear from the grandmothers posting here that they are buying them for their daughters.

That's an excellent question queen. I'd love to know the answer, too. I mean really, are Peregos, Inglesinas and McLarens not good enough anymore?? Those are higher end strollers, too, they cost about $300 and they're excellent quality and reliable. I had my peregos for years, only reason I got a new one is because I got bored of having the same stroller for over 5 years. And then this question :
Quote:
Is the Rockstar baby a good sturdy stroller? I think it's an imitation of a bugaboo, but since it's cheaper does that mean its made of garbagy materials? What is the difference between the Rockstar Baby and the Zippy?

shock

A $500 stroller made of garbage materials??? You've got to be kidding me. Not if the company wants to stay in business. I mean , is one considered to be on a lower social rung if their stroller is not an $800 one?? Before the bugaboo came along , $500 strollers were the "bugaboos", but now they're not pricey enough???

Man, I'm starting to feel like a loser with my $100 Graco Rolling Eyes

queen

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 3:42 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Man, I'm starting to feel like a loser with my $100 Graco Rolling Eyes

Don't feel badly Cindy... I think I will have to hide with my "shabby" $300 Inglesina Twisted Evil

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:23 pm
inglesinas and gracos are all strollers. these carriages are bassinett carriages. I like it better than strollers, esp for a neborn.

Blossom

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 9:00 pm
People go for the look, the comfort, especially because it's the only bassinet type of carriage that pushes easily.
And last but not least, some buy it for a status symbol - which to me is the silliest thing ever.
To me though, it has no value for the money and has long lost its status symbol.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics