Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller advice Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:35 pm
I'm expecting my second and live in yerushalayim without a car. Would love to hear from others with similar lifestyle what you have that works for you. I see a lot of mountain buggys, baby monsters, city mini doubles. haven't looked into so much what the differences are. Also curious about the slim valco but not sure if they sell it here.

What I have in mind that I would want is: Narrow (as much as a side-by-side double can be lol), lightweight (ditto), affordable (I would consider buying it used to make it cheaper). But not junk, not getting a double umbrella or something silly like that that doesn't work for bumping on and off curbs etc. Don't care about fold really because I'll leave it in our lobby.

My first will be almost 2 when this baby comes iyh. Will probably get a riding board for my current big stroller and rely on that sometimes once my bigger one wants to walk more, I'm not sure exactly how much I will end up using the double vs that. Obviously long walks or late meals would need it, but on a regular day is more what I'm wondering. Like I could imagine wanting to drop my older at gan using the riding board with the newborn in the bassinet, then am free to run an errand afterwards without shlepping a double stroller. I know 2 is still young though, maybe smarter for the beginning would be to wear the newborn and put the older in the stroller, but same difference.

Edited to add what I have in mind. Thank you for the advice!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm expecting my second and live in yerushalayim without a car. Would love to hear from others with similar lifestyle what you have that works for you. I see a lot of mountain buggys, baby monsters, city mini doubles. haven't looked into so much what the differences are. Also curious about the slim valco but not sure if they sell it here. Money is a factor for me so I would consider to buy secondhand in good condition in order to get something good.

My first will be almost 2 when this baby comes iyh. Will probably get a riding board for my current big stroller and rely on that sometimes once my bigger one wants to walk more, I'm not sure exactly how much I will end up using the double vs that. Obviously long walks or late meals would need it, but on a regular day is more what I'm wondering. Like I could imagine wanting to drop my older at gan using the riding board with the newborn in the bassinet, then am free to run an errand afterwards without shlepping a double stroller. I know 2 is still young though, maybe smarter for the beginning would be to wear the newborn and put the older in the stroller, but same difference.

Recommended ones (from me and my friends):
Mountain Buggy (has the best wheels and push but fabric falls apart)
Valco Baby (looks the nicest but doesn't have the best push)
Baby Monsters
Citi Mini

This one a lot of people like also and is significantly cheaper
https://agalease-baby.co.il/pr.....okoo/

ETA: You can look on https://www.yad2.co.il/ for good used strollers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:55 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Recommended ones (from me and my friends):
Mountain Buggy (has the best wheels and push but fabric falls apart)
Valco Baby (looks the nicest but doesn't have the best push)
Baby Monsters
Citi Mini

This one a lot of people like also and is significantly cheaper
https://agalease-baby.co.il/pr.....okoo/

ETA: You can look on https://www.yad2.co.il/ for good used strollers.

Thank you!! Would love to hear more about the cheap option you mentioned, never heard of the brand

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!! Would love to hear more about the cheap option you mentioned, never heard of the brand

I think my sil had that she used it straight for prob 3 yrs or more. Just check the width coz I don't think they could get it through their door.

I had the Mountain buggy V3 they didn't sell it in Israel. I really loved it. But like yours my oldest was almost 2 so didn't use it much. Definitely was useful to have, but wouldn't have paid the price of the mountain buggy in Israel. I paid the same price I think as the monster and it came with a bassinet and front facing seat.
If you live close to the gan maybe your toddler can walk or use a buggy board and have a 2nd small fold stroller for trips that your husband can push.
From my experience don't spend a lot of you are planning on having a break before having another baby. If not you are most likely going to need it again 2 yrs later...

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:59 pm
We had the mountain buggy duet. It's the narrowest stroller (it was narrower than my single) and imo the best push. It has a great turning circle and I sometimes found it easier to push than my single. It is on the heavier side, but I only ever felt the weight when I was lifting it, not pushing it. The fold is also very large, which is why I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is using a car frequently.
It's a very solid stroller and lasted us several years, then we gave it to my sister who is still using it several years after that.
We also got a buggyboard but I only found that helpful when my ds was more like 3-4, not 2. Firstly, it's much harder to push the single stroller with a buggyboard, and also ds liked to keep jumping off. In the double stroller, he had a comfortable seat, I also knew when I went into the store shopping, he was secure in the seat, not choosing everything from the shelves.
If you would consider second hand, you can get it for much cheaper. Also if you're not sure if you need it all the time, you may want to buy it for less. That way you won't feel like you wasted the money if you don't use it much.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:17 pm
I was looking for a mountain buggy in good condition for a long time but couldn't find one that I was willing to spend over 1000 shekel for. The material fades very quickly.

Older Baby monsters models are on sale ATM online and have the advantage that you can use the seat like a bassinet. Look online to see what I mean.

If you can find a bugaboo donkey second hand it could be an option. Amazing quality, can also be used as a single

Personally I love knowing that my two year old is straped into a stroller and can't run away.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 12:42 am
amother Steel wrote:
I was looking for a mountain buggy in good condition for a long time but couldn't find one that I was willing to spend over 1000 shekel for. The material fades very quickly.

Older Baby monsters models are on sale ATM online and have the advantage that you can use the seat like a bassinet. Look online to see what I mean.

If you can find a bugaboo donkey second hand it could be an option. Amazing quality, can also be used as a single

Personally I love knowing that my two year old is straped into a stroller and can't run away.

The new model of baby monsters you can't??

Everyone I know hates the donkey. Too heavy and wide.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:16 am
I brought Valco in from America. Goes on sale often- can get for $550. and I don’t agree that it doesn’t have a good push. I love it! It fits in my elevator and Would rather take for errands than my bugaboo bc it holds more stuff. It folds inwards so if you leave in lobby the seats won’t get dirty and the canopy goes all the way down which is huge for naps! (Baby monster doesn’t- can’t vouch for others).

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:17 am
amother OP wrote:

It very very much resembles the valco - compare them side by side - I have heard it is just as good.

anothermother6

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 3:44 am
I live in Yerushalayim with no car and I have the Mountain Buggy. I bought is second hand and I don't love how the fabric looks faded, but it is the most narrow double out there (same width as the uppababy vista!) and it is very durable. Make sure you get the rubber wheels and not the air filled ones which need to be refilled/replaced.

zebra111

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 4:24 am
Following - also looking for a double! Im looking into the biba baby kuku, and the britax b agile, theyre similarly priced. Does chasdei shmuel in yerushalayim still exist? I wonder where I could go to compare the two..

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 5:18 am
I'm super happy with the NIU bought in Israel
its super narrow

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 7:42 am
Thank you so much for all the replies!! Did a bit more looking around based on what everyone said and have some follow questions.

First of all the Israeli stroller mentioned, biba baby kookoo- cant seem to find it anywhere besides a couple websites where it is listed as out of stock. So I'm not sure it's being sold currently? I do see it on yad2. If anyone knows feel free to share.

For those with the mountain buggy, do you feel the extra weight when pushing up hills? Or doing stairs? I don't think stairs are ever easy with a double but hard to avoid in this city, and it does seem a good few pounds heavier than the others. Also, anothermother6 - how do I know what type of wheels, is it 2 different models? And last mountain buggy question, how come I don't see it on any baby store websites? I was under the impression that it was sold here but only see it on yad2.

I am intrigued by the baby monster reversible hood situation. Does it come with something you put down to make it bassinet like? Or you strap the baby using the now upside down straps??

The niu - this looks like a really nice option also, same 65cm as the other ones and such a big hood! any info on how it pushes, holds up over time?

Does anybody have a baby jogger? Looks like the city mini is on the wider side but the city tour double is not. hood looks kind of small, but curious about this option too.

zebra111

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 9:43 am
I have a second hand mountain buggy atm, its ok but as pp mentioned before, the badim fade quickly, also I find the seats a bit short.
Previously I had a baby jogger, a regular one, and it was amazing. Ive seen the newer style gt and its also nice but its super heavy. The city tour is very narrow seats and the hood is small.
The biba kookoo linked before is an old style, the newer one is for sale on a few sites its around 1,400.
To me the most important thing to check is the stability. I used to have a babysafe double and it was so flimsy I was terrified it would snap as I pulled it up stairs..

zebra111

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:31 am
I have a second hand mountain buggy atm, its ok but as pp mentioned before, the badim fade quickly, also I find the seats a bit short.
Previously I had a baby jogger, a regular one, and it was amazing. Ive seen the newer style gt and its also nice but its super heavy. The city tour is very narrow seats and the hood is small.
The biba kookoo linked before is an old style, the newer one is for sale on a few sites its around 1,400.
To me the most important thing to check is the stability. I used to have a babysafe double and it was so flimsy I was terrified it would snap as I pulled it up stairs..

amother
Steel

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:59 am
They don't sell the mountain buggy in Israel anymore.

I looked at the niu, the lady in the shop told me she had,had it for 3 years and was happy. I am sure that it doesn't push as well as the mountain buggy. Doubles get very heavy to push.

amother
Steel

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 11:17 am
The city mini is very good of you have a car. It folds relatively small compared to the other options. I had it and was happy until both my kids got bigger and it was too heavy to push.

I would only get the tour as a car/ shopping mall ie flat smooth surfaces. The wheels are just too small so be effective.
The gt is a bit bigger but pushes much better.

amother
Steel

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 11:19 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
The new model of baby monsters you can't??

Everyone I know hates the donkey. Too heavy and wide.

The newest model doesn't have this option

lovelylife

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 7:16 pm
Are you me? The exact same requirements and ages, lol. Following.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:39 am
amother Steel wrote:
The newest model doesn't have this option

What are the pros and cons of the new and old model?

Where can you buy the old model?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics