Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ge profile double oven range
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 4:40 pm
I'd like to get this stove. Does anyone have it and can possibly give reviews on it?

Last edited by happy chick on Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:01 pm
Nobody owns a double oven free standing range? I'd really love to hear reviews before buying it.

mom.00

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:11 pm
I don’t own one but depending on the model you can see reviews online.
Also if your buying it at certain appliance stores they might be able to guide you based on the feedback they get

ez-pass

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:16 pm
I have one.

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:36 pm
ez-pass wrote:
I have one.

Thank you. Do you have the ge profile? Or a different one? The 2 places I called said this is the only one that the ovens are completely separate.

Do you like it? Do you find the lower (larger) oven to be too low?

momo6

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:11 pm
happy chick wrote:
I'd like to get this stove. Does anyone have it and can possibly give reviews on it?

I have this oven and am very happy with it. I have whichever model is star k approved as having 2 completely separate ovens. The bottom oven is low but doesn’t bother me. It does bother some ppl though so you may want to see it in person before you decide. The top oven is great. It’s easy to get things in and out and heats up very quickly.

Really extra ovens are just so helpful.

vandm

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:29 pm
I had it last year (sold that house) with an induction cooktop. Nicest one ive ever had. The ovens are separate. Has a shabbat option. Perfect size for our family. Bottom oven was lower than we liked but not a deal breaker. I miss having it

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:32 pm
Thank you all. It's a big expense and I'd like to be sure about it.

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:40 pm
momo6 wrote:
I have this oven and am very happy with it. I have whichever model is star k approved as having 2 completely separate ovens. The bottom oven is low but doesn’t bother me. It does bother some ppl though so you may want to see it in person before you decide. The top oven is great. It’s easy to get things in and out and heats up very quickly.

Really extra ovens are just so helpful.

I'm going to use the top for fleishig and the bottom for parev, so its not an extra oven per se.

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:43 pm
Another question, are the burners in the stovetop all the same? They look different and they say each is diff wattage. I want one for dairy, one for meat and the other 2 parev. How would I decide which to use for what?

momo6

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:50 am
happy chick wrote:
Another question, are the burners in the stovetop all the same? They look different and they say each is diff wattage. I want one for dairy, one for meat and the other 2 parev. How would I decide which to use for what?

Are you looking at the glasstop?

ez-pass

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:36 am
happy chick wrote:
Thank you. Do you have the ge profile? Or a different one? The 2 places I called said this is the only one that the ovens are completely separate.

Do you like it? Do you find the lower (larger) oven to be too low?

I have the GE profile. I use the lower one for pareve. Upper for milchigs. Lower one is bigger but very low. I got it because I really wanted a pareve oven. (I have a full meat one)

I love having an extra oven that isn't meat or dairy. It works well and I really can't complain.

The burners are all different sizes. Two very big. One a bit smaller and one small and a middle one. (I never us the middle one honestly)

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:40 am
momo6 wrote:
Are you looking at the glasstop?

No, I'm getting gas

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:41 am
ez-pass wrote:
I have the GE profile. I use the lower one for pareve. Upper for milchigs. Lower one is bigger but very low. I got it because I really wanted a pareve oven. (I have a full meat one)

I love having an extra oven that isn't meat or dairy. It works well and I really can't complain.

The burners are all different sizes. Two very big. One a bit smaller and one small and a middle one. (I never us the middle one honestly)

Thank you very much, this is very helpful

bumblebee5

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:32 am
I also have the ge profile double oven. I use the top for fleishig, bottom for parve. I’m very happy with it. My only issue is that it’s extremely heavy and can’t be moved out of its place to clean the area from time to time..

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:36 am
bumblebee5 wrote:
I also have the ge profile double oven. I use the top for fleishig, bottom for parve. I’m very happy with it. My only issue is that it’s extremely heavy and can’t be moved out of its place to clean the area from time to time..

Thanks for the heads up. Makes sense if each oven is completely separate, it's like trying to move 2 stoves at once. But I think between my husband and my boys, they'll figure it out for the once a year before pesach.

chestnut

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:06 am
Happy chick, do you mind posting a link for this oven, please?
Are the ovens self cleaning?
Can they be for milchig and fleishig?

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:21 am
chestnut wrote:
Happy chick, do you mind posting a link for this oven, please?
Are the ovens self cleaning?
Can they be for milchig and fleishig?

https://www.townappliance.com/.....range

Yes and yes. But it's probably best to ask your lor to be sure. About the fleishig/milchig, not the self-clean 😉

Also, the guy quoted me a lower price on the phone.

mitzva

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:43 am
I purchased the profile.
In the beginning I was very unhappy because the two front burners are power boil.
I got used to it and actually enjoy it.
Please think hard if Powerboil is for you.

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:49 am
mitzva wrote:
I purchased the profile.
In the beginning I was very unhappy because the two front burners are power boil.
I got used to it and actually enjoy it.
Please think hard if Powerboil is for you.

Interesting that they would make the front power boil and not the back ones. Anyways, does that mean that you can't make the fire very small? I only have one stove unit so I would like to use 2 for parev, one dairy and one meat. Will that not work?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars