Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When dressing an infant in shorts & short sleeves
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 8:32 pm
Do you put socks on an infant when she's dressed in shorts and short sleeves? I would think to leave it out. And I hope so, because my baby just moved up in size. I have outfits, but no socks to match

myfriends715

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 8:33 pm
toes are cute. no socks

Kaybee

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:10 pm
I love lil' babies with no socks! Socks become a pain, they are forever kickin it off! and then

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:13 pm
I don't put on socks. They pull it off anyways and I like the look.

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:15 pm
My ds didn't really wear socks for the first year of his life. The winter, he was very young and he wore stretchies, when it got warm, no socks. It's not a big deal until they walk.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:30 pm
I dont have carpet so I felt the floor was too cold for my baby not to wear socks. But outside, dont need.

faigyl

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:33 pm
I dont put socks on the baby in the summer.

shnitzel

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:35 pm
I used robeez a lot.

havefaith

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:48 pm
shnitzel wrote:
I used robeez a lot.
Whats that?

Ronit

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:52 pm
No socks here either.

amother

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 9:56 pm
but do you put sunscreen on babies?

yaeli83

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 10:17 pm
sunscreen: yes! socks: no.

spring13

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 10:27 pm
socks aren't necessary if the baby's feet aren't going to get cold, and s/he is too young to be using his/her feet much. my DD didn't wear socks at all last summer, but she has sneakers now, and will be getting sandals, b/c now she walks and is all over the place.

I used sunscreen last summer when she was an infant and we were going to be out in the sun for more than maybe 15-20 minutes. I had an Aveeno baby sunblock, but if you're worried about what kind is safest, check out this list: http://breakingnews.ewg.org/20.....eens/

the best ones aren't always the cheapest, but you really don't use that much at a time, and this is one area where personally, I'm willing to spend a little more to be extra careful. I got a tube of Badger brand from Whole Foods b/c they were having a 1/2 off special.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 24 2011, 10:49 pm
my kids wear sandals in he summer, and before they are old enough o walk they only wear socks in the winter.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 1:44 am
If I have cute matching socks for an outfit, I'll put them on the baby, otherwise, generally not. Today my baby girl (10 months) wore a short sleeve shirt and a ruffled, tiered denim skirt - no socks!

Marion

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 2:00 am
Depends. Usually no, but they have carpet in the daycare and occasionally he gets carpet burn...then he gets socks until it can heal. Half the time he pulls them off anyway.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 3:49 am
Nah, who needs socks on cute baby feet! Only good for pulling off.

anonymrs

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 4:00 am
I always put on socks. I hate the look of no socks, like youdidnt finish dressing your baby. I put robeez on her to keep them on.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 4:19 am
If she's outside and walking around, then she's usually wearing shoes, so I put socks on her. She wears Robeez and she doesn't like them w/out socks. If she's walking on soft grass, I don't mind her going barefoot, but only if I know there are no sharp objects around.

If she's just sitting in the stroller or playing in the house and it's summer, we don't do no socks.

allrgymama

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 1:53 pm
How old is your baby and what is his/her activity level?

I'm very against Crocs and sandals for kids are are really active because rocks and twigs and glass (in my neighborhood, anyway) can get stuck underneath and a child could really get hurt. Any kid who is crawling around on the floor or walking around should be in sturdy shoes/sneakers and socks.

(and for the short while that we spent outside last spring before DD was walking, I put mittens on to protect her hands too. But I realize that's kind of crazy.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics