Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Do u know any judaica distributors

LL

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:28 am
Can anyone recommend a good judaica distributor in the US, Israel or Europe?
I have a new judaica item that I want distributed does anyone have any good recommendations?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:31 am
I know someone but can you pm me some more info before I give you his name? Thanks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:09 am
Can you either put more information here on the thread or PM me as well? I may know of someone but it depends on what the item actually is.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jul 18 2011, 11:31 pm
Work up a picture and description of it, photograph it from various angles alone, and also as it is actually being used, showing it in context. Put it on an unwrinkled white sheet between two strong lamps and use a good digital camera. Include on the spec sheet photos, prices and minimum order quantity and shipping costs, and how many can be available how soon, with your contact information and return policy. Do you take Paypal? It's not hard. Do you use a website? There are free websites. Getting business cards made with your contact information would be good, with a brief description of it and even a thumbnail photo if possible, and just your email, website and cell phone perhaps. You could just walk into the local Judaica store with some samples, early, when they are not busy. Ask if they have a few minutes to look at it. Leave a few samples, with your business card and spec sheet, and see if they get back to you. Don't fuss if they keep the samples. Do you want to use eBay? Eichler's and J. Levine are good stores; phone their buyers for an appointment. There has to be room in the price for packing and shipping, alas, and also for the time that takes. UPS and USPS will pick up from you on a schedule, phone them to ask about that. Right away, start keeping records: of production, sources of materials, various designs, contacts, sales, expenses, income, with dates. Keep a diary of your ideas and thoughts. Use loose-leaf notebooks, and Excel spreadsheets, and Word for the diary. That way it will have a structure and you can improve and learn.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jul 18 2011, 11:37 pm
Explore what Staples and Kinko's offer to help you print your spec sheet. A color xerox might be useful, they have that. Learn to crop your photos so the edges show only what you need to show. It's not hard.

Your contact number should be on the actual product itself, embedded discreetly.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Jul 19 2011, 8:19 am
you can PM me with more info as well. My DH deals with Judaica.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 19 2011, 8:45 pm
The OP of this thread has not been on the site for almost a month and I PMed her and well, nothing, so dont be surprised if we dont get a response from her.

LL

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 10:09 pm
I appreciate your detailed respond. Thanks.
Are you in publishing business? If so, can I PM to you? Do you have any contacts of people who invest and produce jewish themed games?

Dolly Welsh wrote:
Explore what Staples and Kinko's offer to help you print your spec sheet. A color xerox might be useful, they have that. Learn to crop your photos so the edges show only what you need to show. It's not hard.

Your contact number should be on the actual product itself, embedded discreetly.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 10:28 pm
What type of Judaica? It's a pretty vague description. Are you talking about books, jewelry, candle holders, challah covers - what?

Etsy, Ebay, ArtFire, Amazon, there's tons of platforms for all kinds of selling, depending on your item and your price point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers