Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
English Aleph Bais CD

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 3:08 pm
Any recommendations?
Looking for something fun, that can help strengthen Aleph Bais knowledge.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 3:09 pm
long and annoying for adults, but a classic. the kids love the repetition. look for "shalom, shalom aleph."

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 3:09 pm
lets sing the aleph bais is a great one. each letter has a song about its sound and words that begin with it. my kids love it

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 3:13 pm
Thanks mummiedearest and akivachaya! I will see if I can listen to sample clips online.

More reviews welcome. Smile

Amital

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 3:15 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
long and annoying for adults, but a classic. the kids love the repetition. look for "shalom, shalom aleph."

We have a DVD of this one, and I find it awful because it repeats so much! But my kids (6 and down) love it. So they would highly recommend it!

newlymarried

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 4:46 pm
We have one by neshama orchestra, I don't remember what it's called but my daughter loves it. (and I dn't even find it too annoying!)

ally

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 4:56 pm
The lamdeni one.

Possibly the same as "shalom shalom aleph"?
Its British, from the 80's...very obviously taken from VHS;)

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:14 pm
I read another thread here on a similar topic and someone mentioned a CD with songs or stories that help the child remember the shape of each letter. I have searched and searched and I cannot find the thread. Can anyone help me?

small bean

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:35 pm
my kds love shalom shalom aleph

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2011, 11:55 pm
BinahYeteirah wrote:
I read another thread here on a similar topic and someone mentioned a CD with songs or stories that help the child remember the shape of each letter. I have searched and searched and I cannot find the thread. Can anyone help me?
Ooh, I'd love to get the name of this.
Can anyone help?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 12:25 am
I'm thinking of getting an Aleph Bais bingo game and a Mitzvah Boulevard DVD.

Any experience with these?

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 12:28 am
TES Aleph Beis Trainer was what finally helped my son learn the letters. No shtick, no distractions!

rowo

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 2:56 am
we have 'lets sing the aleph bais' - that's the neshoma orchestra one. it's pretty good. I can't necessarily say my kids have learnt aleph bais from it, but it's good for reinforcing the letters and immersing in it.
my kids love mitzvah boulevard! it has the visual - seeing the letters and also the fun, songs and skits that entertain them while reinforcing the letters.

rowo

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 3:00 am
we have 'lets sing the aleph bais' - that's the neshoma orchestra one. it's pretty good. I can't necessarily say my kids have learnt aleph bais from it, but it's good for reinforcing the letters and immersing in it.
my kids love mitzvah boulevard! it has the visual - seeing the letters and also the fun, songs and skits that entertain them while reinforcing the letters.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 3:04 am
small bean wrote:
my kds love shalom shalom aleph

So does my son. DH had it growing up, so we bought it for our kids.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 12:03 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies!
I have a lot to look into when I get to the Judaica store. Smile

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 3:20 pm
The one regarding shapes of letters and stuff would be the Aleph Beis World. It's a (kinda) continuing story/songs with the letters and discusses their sounds and many of their shapes. I don't know how good it is for teaching but for sure for reinforcement for a kid that's already familiar with it, it's good.

cm

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 3:39 pm
Are you ok with "aleph bet" rather than "aleph bais?"

The Aleph Bet song by Debbie Friedman is a classic. She wrote the tune with the repeats: aleph bet vet, aleph bet vet...

It's (obviously) on the Aleph Bet CD (IMO not one of her best overall), and also on two live albums: Live at Carnegie Hall (a shortened version in a medley) and IIRC the full-lenth version on Live at the Del.

We love Debbie Friedman's music at our house! Hope that helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers