Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Looking for a good side dish with broccoli

IloveHashem613

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 5:40 pm
We like broccoli but I'm running out of ways to serve it. Looking for a good side dish, something like sesame teriyaki broccoli but I'm open to anything.... also I don't use the fresh broccoli so has to be the frozen kind (although I think any recipe will work both ways) thanx in advance

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 8:20 pm
can I have the recipie for sesame teryaki brocoi?

we make quiche/kugel or brocoli salad

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 8:40 pm
sesame broccoli from KBD Kids in the Kitchen:

12 oz broccoli florets
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon roasted or toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds

Place the broccoli florets in a large pot. Add the water.

Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Cover the pot and let the broccoli steam for 7-8 minutes.

Remove the lid. The broccoli should be bright green and softened. Mix the broccoli with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula.

Place a strainer into the sink and carefully drain any water out of the broccoli.

Return the broccoli to the pot. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds. Mix to combine. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 min.

Remove from heat and serve.

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 8:48 pm
Broccoli salad, broccoli kugel so many yummy options!

gottago

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 10:23 pm
My 7 year old was at a friends house and came home with this great idea. A few frozen broccoli florets on a plate, one slice of american cheese on top and microwave until melted. My kids love it and ask for this snack all the time.

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 11:44 pm
a few days ago yitzy threw a fit at dinnertime that he wanted broccoli kugel. (weird kid, I know. it's the only veggie he'll eat aside from ketchup!). anyhow, I didn't think he could last the long time it takes to make one in the oven, so I tried doing it on the stovetop. came out awesome! I just put the frozen chopped broccoli in a pot over a low flame til it was warm, then added a beaten egg and some spices. left it covered on a low flame for a few minutes and it was ready! I'm going to do this all the time now!

aidelmaidel

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 6:40 am
Best broccoli side dish is warm broccoli with FRESH squeezed lemon juice and fresh ground black pepper

curlgirl

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 6:51 am
I once had leftover mashed potatoes to use up- mixed them with spices, an egg, a bit of flour, sautee'd chopped onions and broccoli and added, spread in a casserole and baked till golden. (Olive oil or cooking spray on top before baking)

It was surprisingly good :-)

You could layer it instead- potato mixture, onions + broccoli, more potato, drizzle w/olive oil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics