Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
My miracle story – Perek Shira for 40 days

windowsill

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 4:27 pm
I am the type of person which never took those segula stuff seriously. DH had the same attitude as me and he felt that it’s not the doing the segula per se that helps, it’s the part of you that has given up on everything and with no other options you leave it totally up to Hashem – Then you see (or sometimes don’t…) the salvation.
So this is my story: Some of you know that I had a very very difficult time toilet training my son – for 6 long months he was doing okay with wet but when it came to the “big” stuff it always ended up in his pants. I literally threw away dozens and dozens of underwear… bath him every day… the patience and the talking, the prizes, the reading books, getting advice, and the threatening… NOTHING… it was so exhausting, nerve wracking, and intolerable… there was no indication beforehand, he did it in cheder, at home, in the car, anywhere… I also had a newborn at home plus older kids who all needed my attention and he was taking a giant chunk of it for himself…
So there came a time where I said THIS IS IT I cannot go on anymore, there is nothing that I can do and it literally was like that, cuz I started to say perek shira….
So, dear ladies, In the first week of saying HE ASKED TO GO… I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS… and the next day he asked to go again and the next day again….
Now, 40 days later I am publicizing this story as I promised and I can proudly say he has not made an accident since that day… Boruch Hashem!!!

r_ch

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 6:23 pm
Mazl tov!
So happy to hear it. I know many people who told perek shira helped them. We had another situation where we both were desperate and I started saying perek shira, but on day 20 I forgot. So I started again and ... on day 20 I forgot. I saw it as warning not to say it for this situation and as an answer just to wait and see.

I mean, it's a very strong 'medicine' and HKB"H can't deny you anything if you say it, but in my case he meant it to be. So I waited and got what I wanted. What I'm trying to say, it works! And if you're permited to say it all 40 days min ashomaim, then you'll get it.

mykidsmom3

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 7:08 pm
I have been going through a very hard time both financially and with my children. I have taken upon myself tehillim and then to be a part of the daven for me program and then I did the perek shira. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I said it every day for 40 days and did not miss any days. so I am so glad to hear and see you write about it.

can you tell me a couple of things? did you study it also? did you understand every word and say every word every day with kavanah? I read it knowing that each pasuk was saying and singing praises to Hashem but not the definition every time I read it.

are there any other important things you did that helped?

mirror

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 7:22 pm
mykidsmom3 wrote:
I dont know what I am doing wrong. I said it every day for 40 days ...

You are not doing anything wrong. Hashem decides the final answer...

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 11 2011, 7:53 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
mykidsmom3 wrote:

Right. It isn't a guarantee, its something good that can work in your favor. So can any tefila, or tzedaka.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 12 2011, 7:56 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
mykidsmom3 wrote:

And always, always, always remember: NO TEFILLA IS WASTED!!!! We may not see the results we want when we want them but the important thing is that you are maintaining this connection to Hashem, recognizing that He is the loving Kol Yachol.
Try to find someone IRL who can give you advice on the best hishtadlus to make for this situation. And make time to smile, laugh, check out humor sites, eat well and exercise to keep your spirits up and help find and maintain perspective. This too is important.

Again, never regret a moment spent in tefilla and introspection, etc. Perek Shira is an awesome sefer to have become part of you; I hope it did.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 12 2011, 11:44 am
Op- that sounds amazing. I'm so happy that it worked for you!

windowsill

Post Wed, Jul 13 2011, 9:14 am
mykidsmom3 wrote:
I have been going through a very hard time both financially and with my children. I have taken upon myself tehillim and then to be a part of the daven for me program and then I did the perek shira. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I said it every day for 40 days and did not miss any days. so I am so glad to hear and see you write about it.

can you tell me a couple of things? did you study it also? did you understand every word and say every word every day with kavanah? I read it knowing that each pasuk was saying and singing praises to Hashem but not the definition every time I read it.

are there any other important things you did that helped?

No, I did not understand every word said, whenever I said it basically my little boy was on my mind all the time and feeling hope and thanking Hashem that it is bh going so well...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics