Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Easy, Sugar-free Chicken 4 Shabbos
1  2  Next

Blue12

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 2:59 am
I have a baby, so it's got to be simple.

This sounds easier than it is, but it's not because everything people generally put over chicken has sugar in it: Ketchup, honey, duck sauce, BBQ sauce, brown sugar...

Does anyone have an easy and yummy chicken recipe without any of that stuff??? PLEASE!!

Give me all you got cuz I am running out of ideas and I can't eat sugar or anything with sugar.
Thanks A MILLION!

curlgirl

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 3:09 am
Marinate chicken in red wine, tomato sauce, garlic, black pepper.
Bake in sauce, uncovered. (If you want it to look nice scatter cherry tomatoes and/ or sliced onion in pan before baking).

I also make this:

http://www.canadianliving.com/.....n.php

You can leave out the dried fruit.
For an easier version, just lay chicken pieces in a pan and sprinkle on the spices. Then bake.

Enjoy!

Blue12

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:03 am
Thanks for responding.
I don't have red wine, only dry wine.
I also don't have any spices like tummeric, etc or dried fruit.
Do you have any recipes which would call for something I have in the house? (soy sauce, canned veggies, popular spices like onion, garlic powder, etc, dry wine, onion soup mix, fresh veggies, tomato sauce/paste)
Thanks a mill and keep the recipes coming!!
Keep in mind that the recipe should be for yeshivish guests and bocherim...They don't go for some spice they never heard of!

curlgirl

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:08 am
Blue12 wrote:
I don't have red wine, only dry wine.

Yes, I meant dry red wine.

You can mix any of those things.

What about wine, tomato sauce, a bit of soy sauce (salty) and onion soup mix (also salty so be careful!)?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:32 am
I am used to cooking like this, my dh hates sweet chicken.

Lemon garlic Chicken:
the easiest version is chicken with onions underneath and pour on lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and rosemary (if you have). I usually put potatoes and onions under the chicken pieces and then I layer thinly sliced lemon all over the veggies and chicken. Then I use tons of fresh sliced garlic and a little garlic powder, and rosemary. Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I have a recipe here for "The Best Onion Chicken EVER!" - you can do a search for it - let me know if you can't find it.

Broiled Chicken: This fattening but Oh so good!
1/2 cup margarine
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
6 boneless chicken thighs, with skin - any chicken works
dried parsley, to taste

Melt the marg and mix in the spices. Pour over the chicken and reserve a little bit. Broil for 20 minutes until slightly blackened. Turn and baste as needed.

Schug Chicken:
2 Tbsp. green schug/charif
1/3 c. mayonaise
3 Tbsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
granulated garlic to taste

Mix together and spread over chicken parts. Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour and uncovered for 20 minutes. If you prefer a little sweetness, add a little of any sweetner that you are able to have.

Many times, I just do spices - seasoned salt, granulated garlic, pepper, a little onion soup mix.

I'll try to think of some more.

sarahd

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 6:02 am
You can pan roast chicken, which is about as easy as it gets. Sprinkle your chicken with a bit of salt, pepper, paprika, (onion powder and garlic powder if desired.) Place in frying pan, cover and roast over medium-low flame for about 45 minutes.

You can do the same in the oven, btw. You can also put chopped onions and diced potatoes under the chicken, make it lots of paprika and leave out the o & g powder.

Dev80

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 6:36 am
the crispy garlic chicken from kosher palette. it's a breaded garlic chicken and is delicious! If you need/want the recipe ill post it

Marion

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 6:51 am
Who on earth puts sugar on chicken? BBQ spice and/or paprika. Garlic and/or rosemary and/or basil. Dry mustard and/or lemon juice.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 6:59 am
Marion wrote:
Who on earth puts sugar on chicken? BBQ spice and/or paprika. Garlic and/or rosemary and/or basil. Dry mustard and/or lemon juice.

Many ppl use store bought sauces that contain sugar (ketchup, BBQ sauce, duck sauce, teriyaki sauce,etc.) There's also honey mustard chicken and many recipes that call for brown sugar.

culinaryk

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:12 am
here is a recipe for apple chicken (you can use sugar free apple juice). It is juicy and delicious

Chicken
6 -8 Chicken Quarters
1 Egg
1 cup/s Matza Meal
3 tablespoon/s Flour
Sauce
4 Scallions Sliced
1 cup/s Fresh Mushrooms
2 Tomatoes Cut Into Eighths
2 cup/s Apple Juice (good Quality)

Preparation
Wash the chicken. Put the egg in a small bowl (you might need 2 eggs). On a piece of silverfoil, put the matza meal, flour and any spices you like (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika etc.) and mix together. Take a 9x13 pan and put a little oil in it. Dip each chicken piece into the egg and then into the crumb mixture and put in the pan. Set aside.
Sauce: Saute the scallions and the mushrooms until soft. Put on top of the chicken. Put the tomato wedges around the chicken. Pour apple juice into the pan (at least 1/3 of the way up). Cover tightly and bake at 350F for about 2 hours.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:16 am
culinaryk wrote:
here is a recipe for apple chicken (you can use sugar free apple juice). It is juicy and delicious

Chicken
6 -8 Chicken Quarters
1 Egg
1 cup/s Matza Meal
3 tablespoon/s Flour
Sauce
4 Scallions Sliced
1 cup/s Fresh Mushrooms
2 Tomatoes Cut Into Eighths
2 cup/s Apple Juice (good Quality)

Preparation
Wash the chicken. Put the egg in a small bowl (you might need 2 eggs). On a piece of silverfoil, put the matza meal, flour and any spices you like (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika etc.) and mix together. Take a 9x13 pan and put a little oil in it. Dip each chicken piece into the egg and then into the crumb mixture and put in the pan. Set aside.
Sauce: Saute the scallions and the mushrooms until soft. Put on top of the chicken. Put the tomato wedges around the chicken. Pour apple juice into the pan (at least 1/3 of the way up). Cover tightly and bake at 350F for about 2 hours.

Does this come out very sweet or more tangy?

EMmom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:19 am
these are my super simple ones

1- just coat it with mayo and cornflake crumbs
2- just sprinkle some montreal chicken or steak seasoning on top and some chicken bbq seasoning (great with potatoes)
3- garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika
4- italian dressing and veggies (I use fat free)
5- can of crushed tomatoes (the one with basil)

culinaryk

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 7:20 am
It is definitely not a sweet recipe as my son doesn't like sweet chicken/meat and he loves this. I wouldn't say it is tangy either. It is just juicy and delicious. I also have substituted homemade bread crumbs for the mazta meal and I think I like it better that way.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 8:24 am
Skin chicken legs. Marinate in equal parts lemon juice and oil, with your choice of spices. (Suggested are parsley, garlic, paprika.) Coat with cornflake crumbs. Best baked at 350 - 375 for two hours, but you could do it at a higher temp. for less time.

maofboys

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 12:00 pm
I do something very simple (when I don't have any sauces)
I use garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. put spices on generously and add water the chicken should be covered with water 1/3 or closer to 1/2 of the way (I know its a lot of water). then cook for a while the longer it cooks the softer teh chicken. it is so easy and so good the chicken comes out so soft. you can also add fresh onions, fresh green peppers, carrots, potatoes.... tn the pot and the kids like to eat the veggies too

CatLady

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 12:34 pm
Another vote for bottled Italian dressing (fat-free for me, too!) This marinade makes the best grilled chicken, but you can bake it at high heat as well. To make it more Portuguese-style, add a generous spoonful of smoked paprika to another bowl of Italian salad dressing and brush with this mixture in the final minutes of grilling or the last 15 minutes of baking.

newmommy1

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 12:39 pm
Slice onions and put on the bottom of pan, lay chicken pieces over top. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, paprika, basil, oregano. Pour over Italian dressing & balsamic vinegar, sprinkle panko breadcrumbs, spray a pit of Pam and bake

peppermint

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:31 pm
Mix one can cranberry sauce with one packet onion soup mix
pour over chicken. bake 350F covered for 2 hours

(I melt cranberry sauce in microwave so its easier to pour)

shanie5

Post Wed, Jul 20 2011, 5:40 pm
peppermint wrote:
Mix one can cranberry sauce with one packet onion soup mix
pour over chicken. bake 350F covered for 2 hours

(I melt cranberry sauce in microwave so its easier to pour)

cranberry sauce has sugar.

If u look hard enough, u can s/t find bbq sauces without sugar.

otherwise, just sprinkle spices u like on top and bake.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey