Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where can I get pre school crafts etc from in jerusalem?

3 little 1s

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 1:12 pm
I know there is a basement shop in Geula (or there was, a long time ago) that did pre school and chug crafts etc but I'm not sure exactly where it is....does any1?

Or does any1 know of any other similar shops in yerushalayim?

Thanks

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 1:27 pm
There's a place on Kanfei Nesharim. Get someone with the name and address otherwise you'll miss it even though its big!

mummy-bh

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 2:45 pm
3 little 1s wrote:
I know there is a basement shop in Geula (or there was, a long time ago) that did pre school and chug crafts etc but I'm not sure exactly where it is....does any1?

Or does any1 know of any other similar shops in yerushalayim?

Thanks
Yes, it's still there. It's down a flight of stairs next to the pharmacy on Malchei Yisroel.

mummy-bh

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 2:47 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
There's a place on Kanfei Nesharim. Get someone with the name and address otherwise you'll miss it even though its big!
Do you mean Hobby? That's right off Kanfei Nesharim, but the stuff they have is more for older kids; beading etc.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 2:52 pm
I would like to suggest that you look in the yellow pages for "tziyud laganim" ציוד לגן ילדים and I bet you will find exactly what you need. I know of such a store in Petach Tikva and in Ramat Gan, but that doesn't help you, I know.

3 little 1s

Post Sat, Jul 23 2011, 5:58 pm
Thanks mummy-bh and tamiri.... this 'hobby' shop, where exactly off kanfei nesharim is it? (Its a looong road!)

Will check out the one in Geula (hopefully it wont be too hard to find)
Very Happy

drumjj

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 3:34 am
the one in geula is in the middle of malchei yisrael, near a falafel shop, a photo proccessing shop and a chemist and near a bus stop

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 4:03 am
There's also one in the basement of the Mashbir on King George Street.

climbing613

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 4:05 am
You can also try Birkat Dovid on Bar Ilan. It's right near the big bus stop near the tzomet. There's a sign with the steps leading down, and the store is on the right side.
There's also a 'gan' store on Mea Shearim

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 4:08 am
I found a great selection of craft stuff at the 2 shekel store in Ramat Eshkol, next to Eye World.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Jul 24 2011, 4:11 am
3 little 1s wrote:
Thanks mummy-bh and tamiri.... this 'hobby' shop, where exactly off kanfei nesharim is it? (Its a looong road!)

Will check out the one in Geula (hopefully it wont be too hard to find)
Very Happy
Hobby is on Shatner, about 30 seconds walk down from kanfei nesharim, on the corner of Angels coffee shop (NOT the bakery!). it's on the side of the road where the traffic is going into town, ie out of har nof, not as far down as the supermarkets.
But I really think that the one in geula would be better for you, by your description of what you are looking for. It's right next to Pharmacy Geula, down a bunch of steps. Careful - there are a couple of shops there, go past the toy shop and you want the next one along, down another flight of steps. A bit awkward to get to, but worth it!

3 little 1s

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 7:11 am
Thank u so much for your directions and everyone's input!
LOL

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 8:50 am
I know of two such shops in geula one is better than the other chavakuk and hakol lagan. we always shop there when visiting or we sometimes even ask for family to shop and ship Wink usually I think hakol lagan chavakuk we use more for their toy store.

enjoy crafting!

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 8:56 am
Chavakuk is the one down the steps right after the felafel shop in Geula.

The one in Ramat Eshkol mentioned by a previous poster is Hamachsan, right before the post office.

merelyme

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 8:58 am
Chavakuk is at Malchei Yisrael 14, next to Pharmacy Geulah and down a flight of stairs. They have a separate room with craft supplies - it's big.
Hakol Lagan is in Meah She'arim, on the same side of the street. You go in a little entranceway that looks like the entrance to the apartment building - it has a tiny sign that says Hakol Lagan in Hebrew - and go downstairs, and there are two or three rooms with craft supplies.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:31 pm
Can anyone confirm the name of the craft/teaching store in geula… not the one in Meath shearim - hakol Lagan?
I was there about 2 months ago and picked up a paper costume vest.

I am interested in purchasing these in bulk for my school.

Is there an email or phone number that someone has?

Rabbit613

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:11 pm
Hakol l'gan has a store in geula and another store I givat shaul.

hanna2010

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:13 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions