Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dry clean or machine wash on delicate?

How would you wash it?
dry clean  
 20%  [ 3 ]
machine wash on delicate  
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

im here!

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:49 pm
I bought a shabbos pants for my 4 yr old ds. when I got home I realized it was dry clean but couldnt return anymore. Does it really need to be dry cleaned, or does it state to dry clean as a precaution? if I machine wash what can happen to it?

This is the fabric contents:
58% cotton
20% viscose
18% polyester
4% lycra

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:54 pm
I don't know specificially for that material but I wash almost everything on delicate, even skirts.

RPESN

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 2:58 pm
I wash pretty much everything, Couple of my suits I dry clean. The really delicate stuff I put on my 30min wash. Don't blame us if they get ruined tho!

mommy24

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 5:42 pm
another vote for wash on the delicate cycle in cold water and then air dry. I do this with all of my kids shabbos clothes and many of my skirts, sweaters as well that say dry clean . I used to send it all to the cleaners and one day when one of my sons shabbos pants got mixed in with the delicate cycle and all was fine, I decided may as well save on my dry cleaning bill.

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 5:46 pm
I machine wash everything inside-out. very few things get washed on delicate. btw, I read once in a magazine that when clothing say dry clean, its recommneded, but when it says dry clean only, then it has to be dry cleaned. but I machine wash things that say dry clean only, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry