Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How many pairs of pants for 4 year old?

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:11 am
My four year old never has enough pants to wear. I do the kids dark laundry 2x week (ok, in the interest of full disclosure, I try to do 2x a week, often only 1x). how many pairs of pants should he have?

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:31 am
My 5 y.o. has 4 pairs of weekday shorts. My 3 y.o. has 3 pairs. Usually it's enough, but every so often I get behind and it's not. 5 pairs has proven to be too many in our house.

Amital

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 8:19 am
My kids (7 and down) have 5-7 weekday pairs (3 Shabbat/Yom Tov bottoms)--they get dirty often, and I'm OK with that. They are home exploring the wonders of the backyard. Smile

How many does your 4 year old go through? Does he change when not really needed?

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:17 pm
he has four weekday pants, 2 shorts. he undresses himself, so sometimes the pants end up on the floor and then get dirty (after staying clean on him.)

amother

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:27 pm
10 pairs. I don't allow my small children to re-wear clothing. I make sure they throw all their dirty laundry in to the hamper. I don't know what's going on in their bathroom's in school and I don't know what they sit in.

overthehill

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:40 pm
For weekday, I would say at least 6, one for every day of the week. If you have less, they are washed more often and wear out much sooner

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
10 pairs. I don't allow my small children to re-wear clothing.

how often do you do laundry? where do you have space for so much clothing?
amother wrote:
I make sure they throw all their dirty laundry in to the hamper.
if I'm around I do that too. it's when I'm not the one overseeing pajama time that this happens.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 2:41 pm
My 2 y/o has 9 pairs of weekday pants. It's enough that I can do laundry once a week, after wearing each pair once and accounting for the inevitable times he will get very wet or dirty and have to be changed. My schedule doesn't really account for doing dark laundry more often, and it's a bit of a waste to run the machine just for that. I wouldn't put the same pair of pants on after wearing for a full day.

Sugar plum

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 4:27 pm
I usually buy 6-7 pairs of pants/shorts for weekday. One for each day of the week and one extra. This way if more get dirty or laundry doesn't get done we still have enough.

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 7:31 pm
about 10 pairs of pants, 7 weekday and 3 shabbos, I also have extra pairs for change of clothes in school and at home if I have wash the wet ones. I do laundry once a week, some of his pants are colored, so they go in the regular wash and the rest in the dark load. I still need more.

I store his clothes in a drawer with his shabbos outfits hanging up. not every single peice of clothing is in the drawer at the same time so it works, I have a lot more shirts than pants

Juicy

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:02 pm
lots!!! pants tend to be disposable with my boys... holes on the knee area...

Amital

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 9:04 am
Juicy wrote:
lots!!! pants tend to be disposable with my boys... holes on the knee area...

Me too. I have three boys in a row, and although we pass down shirts, pants need to get replaced often, it seems.

Another note: it does depend on how often you do laundry. I do a load most days to keep up, so my 5-7 weekday bottoms works for us.

Jewishmofm

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 3:08 pm
we have four boys, lots of passing down. holes in the knees stumped us until we discovered Walmart George brand - $10/pair, and they've been through two boys already. no holes yet. have to wait until size five to use them though, nothing smaller Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry