Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
WAHMs How do you set your schedule or do you?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 6:57 pm
I have an internet business and find myself being almost 24/6 online (yes when I get up in middle of the night I check my emails)

Do you have set times? Do you stick to the times? When you have a little extra time do you rather spend the time on yourself or on your business?

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 7:46 am
My "set times" are pretty much any time I'm not otherwise occupied by the house or the family...I love my job which is probably part of it, but at the same time always keeping in mind that having your own business means if you work, you get paid, and if you don't work, you don't get paid...today I'm thankful it's Labor Day in America, which means I'm "forced" to take the day off -- no work coming in until tomorrow night...going to cook all day tomorrow and stuff my freezer for Yom Tov...

e1234

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 8:07 am
I have the same problem

I officially work 8:30-4 when the kids are out.
but I still have 2 kids home now in the afternoon (1st and 3rd grader) and lately I have just been getting distracted and coming to imamother or taking walks to the kitchen too often.

I used to put it more time at night but I am trying to totally stop it as it's too much for me.
of course, I always check email.

I need to get more disciplined to work during work time (though I think I need to set myself a few breaks) and not to work by not working times.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 8:22 am
Me too. I have to force myself to turn off email/FB/Imamother etc. while I'm working and only keep up tabs I need for work, otherwise I get too distracted. My older kids come home at 1:30, but I can get them to amuse themselves more easily -- once my toddler comes home at 4, that's the end of my day until everyone's in bed, at which point I'm often too tired to work again...

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 10:43 pm
I get a kick out of those folks who don't work after everyone is in bed. What does everyone do during the long evenings if your kids go to bed at 7:30 or 8:00? I pretty much ONLY work in the evenings after the kids are in bed these days. I've been known to do phone interviews with the west coast at 11:00 pm or process credit cards at midnight. I'm a night owl.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 3:43 am
When clients arrive, I HAVE to work, so it is easy... but when I have to prepare, it's always "later later tomorrow tomorrow" Rolling Eyes
I have to force myself to do it. Sometimes I only do it the latest opportunity, sometimes I do it just after the client has left (I prepare for his come back) as I'm still in "work mindset" and not online LOL

e1234

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 3:46 am
Quote:
I get a kick out of those folks who don't work after everyone is in bed. What does everyone do during the long evenings if your kids go to bed at 7:30 or 8:00? I pretty much ONLY work in the evenings after the kids are in bed these days. I've been known to do phone interviews with the west coast at 11:00 pm or process credit cards at midnight. I'm a night owl.

I'm not a night owl and now that my oldest is almost 11 and is up to at least 9 - I have no more time at night.
plus don't forget housework - if I work all day and then take care of kids later afternoon evening - then the house needs to be taken care of at some point.
My problem is once the kids are in bed I have no more koach.
I have been trying not to work in the evening as I know it's not good for me but I always check email and if something urgent comes up.....

MommyKan

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:38 pm
You have to be disciplined! Dont allow yourself to check your emails that often. Give yourself a limit and stick to it - like say, I check my emails at 2, 5, 8 and ten and then I do not check until the AM. Or unplug your internet at a certain time!

MommyKan

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:39 pm
You have to be disciplined! Dont allow yourself to check your emails that often. Give yourself a limit and stick to it - like say, I check my emails at 2, 5, 8 and ten and then I do not check until the AM. Or unplug your internet at a certain time!

21young

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 3:59 pm
I try to be extremely disciplined - my baby is at the babysitter from 9:30 - 4:00 so those are my working hours. Period. Now babysitting was cut to 2:300 so I have to snatch the time when he's napping... but I have a greater drive to get more done in the morning. The name of the game is discipline.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers